Introductions

I am new as everyone here can tell. ;D

I am a writer of philosophy,psychology,evolution and biology who absolutely detests modern civilization. One of my books I am writing is the conflict of man and nature.

At the same time of me being a independent writer I am thinking heavily about just leaving civilization living in the solace of nature.

Welcome theJoker!

Thank You. :slight_smile:

I forgot to mention that I am heavily thinking about buying some land and using my books to finance the upkeep of it.

It has a been a dream of mine to be amongst nature with friends living my life in peace by writing books.

Hello…my name is Paleo Boy, and I’m an alcoholic. I admit I have no control over my addiction and that my life has become unmanagable…wait, is this the right forum?

I am a forty-something closet primitivist living in Canada who dabbles in writing, and is simply reaching out to other like-minded folks out there in cyberspace. Hoping to share ideas, common reference points and learn some new things. I enjoy hiking, camping, reading, sunsets and long walks along the beach.

My goals for this forum are rather modest: become the alpha male of the board, wrest control from the current mods, and then take over the world, annihilating all human life, leaving just a few teenage girls to help me re-populate the earth.

In other words, joining this forum is my own personal cry for help.

[quote=“Paleo Boy, post:84, topic:67”]Hello…my name is Paleo Boy, and I’m an alcoholic. I admit I have no control over my addiction and that my life has become unmanagable…wait, is this the right forum?

I am a forty-something closet primitivist living in Canada who dabbles in writing, and is simply reaching out to other like-minded folks out there in cyberspace. Hoping to share ideas, common reference points and learn some new things. I enjoy hiking, camping, reading, sunsets and long walks along the beach.

My goals for this forum are rather modest: become the alpha male of the board, wrest control from the current mods, and then take over the world, annihilating all human life, leaving just a few teenage girls to help me re-populate the earth.

In other words, joining this forum is my own personal cry for help.[/quote]

Greetings. I am new myself here at this website and I really like your sense of humor. ;D

Thanks. Am I banned yet?

No. Besides I am not a moderator. ;D

ha! on the contratry. i think you’ll fit right in. welcome, paleo boy.

Hey, Paleo Boy and The Joker!

Nice to have you both join with us.

Earnestly,
Eric

Hello :wink:

hello everyone, i am cedar’s dad. he is six. we just moved back to the lower 48 after being in Alaska for 3 years. we miss it already. we are currently living in West Virginia, my homestate. it is alot different than Alaska. in fact it kinda sucks. We have been trying to rewild for the past 14 years. it has been successful at times while disaterous at others, but we keep coming back to rewilding. everything changes when you have a child, as im sure some of you know. at times we have let our young one learn things of modern society only to see that we shouldn’t have, and that we should have stayed focused on rewilding. when we first started so long ago, rewilding wasnt even a word yet, and so there were few who shared our sentiments about it. over the years the idea has grown and that is definitely encouraging. it is great to see all you folks join in the movement. we all need to work on ways to get together to make this rewilding community tangible and not just on the computer screen. we should hold gatherings on national forest land where we can come together and meet face to face and share this path. this would help those who feel isolated in their rewilding. I personally live close to two national forests ( the Wayne national forest in SE Ohio, and the Monongahela national forest in eastern West Virginia) if anyone else lives near these, we could meet up and share in our rewilding, learn from each other and be friends. we are in danger of these computers becoming a crutch that our community stands on and thats no good. well its been good to meet you and we look forward to sharing in the rewilding.
peace out
cedarsdad

The Tribe of Anthropik usually does a Mountain Festival in WV.

Jason, Giuli, That still on tap this year?

My family’s looking at some land down in SE Ohio, so we might be heading that direction.

hey, cedarsdad. welcome! thanks for sharing your story.

at times we have let our young one learn things of modern society only to see that we shouldn't have, and that we should have stayed focused on rewilding.

would you mind sharing some specific examples?

Hi, I’m Ted Heistman.

Cool Site!
I live in Madison WI. Some of you may know me. I live in Madison, WI.

I used to have a blog. For a while I became disenchanted with Green Anarchy, deleted the blog, did some soul searching, tried a different path for a while.

But I’m back. I got the blog back up

http://freerangeorganichuman2.blogspot.com/

I plan to spend as much time as I can outdoors, around madison on a day to day basis, but also I plan to taker several trips to the Northwoods of MN, UP and WI.

I also have gotten back into pursuing my dream of living primitively in the wilderness for a year.

Ted

Nice to see a familiar face back, Ted. :slight_smile:

Yeah, I remember you!

glad to see you’re back in the blogging game, Ted. i only got to read a few posts on the old one before it disappeared. i look forward to following your new free range organic adventures.

Hey everybody welcome my bashful friend James to the website. :wink: :smiley:

Welcome, James!

You’re member number 95. Our little community is growing!

Just wanted to log on real fast and say ‘hello and welcome’ to you, Cedarsdad, and you, Free_Range_Organic_human. Hello and welcome!

Earnestly,
Eric