Introductions

I don’t know. I just want to rewildize.

I haven’t stopped by this thread in a while, but I have noticed that the membership roster has grown. I just want to send out a warm welcome to all the new peeps. I think you will find the folks here at REWILD very helpful, giving, and encouraging. I know I’ve learned a lot. Anyway, welcome to the community.

I’ve been into green anarchy and so-called “rewilding” at fluctuating levels of intensity during the past few years. I’m still into it and I still take civilization’s collapse very seriously, although my mind alternates back and forth between skepticism of the romantic notions people into primtivism have about primitive living.

Although I have been into this for years, I have not been very vocal about it as I have long been paralyzed by some unpleasant insecurities and social dysfunction, as well as periods which I decide for a while that the whole thing is stupid. But now, I figure I’ll step out into this “scene” a bit more. Especially as of late, having recently attended Earthskills Rendezvous in Georgia, which was pretty cool.

I’m something of a transiet, but currently in Pennsylvania. Primitivist philosophy comes easily for me as I have always been a social outcast, and therefore I risk nothing when I adopt viewpoints that are contrary to the norm.

welcome, Nick and ulcerite!

Nick and Ulcerite,

Nice to have you all join and have new minds here making things happen. Hope you all get something good from this–I do. Later.

Sincerely,
Deciv

I’m Matt, a teenage Calgarian trying to find time to learn the place I live, and learn how to provide for myself in my surroundings. I’ve been doing a lot of learning recently, expanding my thinking, but my learning of doing has just started. My journey started with Ismael, and I’ve learned from Jensen and the teachings of permaculture. I could go on forever, but I’ll stop now.

Welcome, Matt!

Hey, Greenman!

Could you explain what you mean by “i am a green anarchist, not by choice but by birth.”? I’m curious to know more.

By the way, I love the archetypal figure of the Greenman.

Hi All,
I’m Wildcook from Eastern Massachusetts. I saw someone’s post about Gundru and I joined immediately as I tried it last year and failed. I’ll try again this year. I am a psychic energy healer and I also journey and get info from plant spirits. I am a successful krauter of many veggies. I have some food allergies including gluten and after a year of experimentation I have had success with a vegan kefir leavener for gluten free dairy free bread. Oh, yeah and it tastes good and has great texture. I grow a lot of my own veggies and am experimenting with some wild ones. I also grow Kombucha culture and have been using garden herbs, dandelion and violet, for the tea.

I purchased fine kefir grains from The Happy Herbalist.com. He had grains for milk and grains for water. They were both fine.

My intention is to retrofit my house to solar. All in good time.

Thanks and have a good day!

[i]Cyril Hector S. was born in the gloaming admixt a rippling field rife with foxgloves and sparkling with fireflies, 'neathe a stunning firmament aflame with not all together distant stars of a laughing winsome nature. His first battlecry was of the caliber that promised a lifetime amiss and something very much so lackadasically curious, a sonorous wail conjuring forth fanciful whimsies of the appropriate sonic conterpart to a ballet-dancing clowns waggish strut. Ever since, his life has been a vexing brew of failing prospects and unyielding tedium.

Cyril loves the wild. Of that you need know no more, and of that you can be totally certain.

He has a difficult time trusting anyone he cannot envision in the fashions of both muppet and Miyzaki character. He has been accused of being, and occasionally someone will invoke his limp disdain and label him as being something in particular.

Cyril does not desire to behave rudely in the vicinity of strangers. But he would like you to know that he does not place much stock in politeness as he thinks it detracts from prized spectrum of qualities which contribute to the artistry of intricacy.

Cyril likes a good potboiler, a fair spice {and a fairer specimen of spicer}, gaudy fabric, the titillation following a keen and well executed sliver of mischief, tea, stories containing djinn and/or the fey, and occasioanlly thinking your mother regards him as nothing short of sheer adoreable. As for what he doesn’t like: first and foremost he does not like conversations consisting solely of such asinine details as ‘what I like’ and ‘what I don’t like’ and ‘who is up to something’.

Anything else you might wish you know you can ask him, and Cyril will most likely opt to stoop to a bombastic blend of jesting and fibbing, but he will do his best not to impart halcyon shreds of defunct soporifics in response to your most righteous inquiry.[/i]

Greetings everyone,
Yet another nature nut to join your ranks. Glad I ran across the site…can be so hard to find people in day to day life who get this part of me :P.
I grew up in the mountains of NE PA,…nearest neighbor over 1/2 mile away…so I didn’t have much interaction with other people unless I had to (school etc). Spent most of my youth in the woods, whether I was exploring, tracking, stalking something (sometimes I’d stalk the rare human I’d run across in an attempt to frighten them off with strange noises :)), having long conversations with my favorite trees, letting the Earth guide me to my next destination, living in the moment…
Then college happened, too many jobs trying to support myself,…getting lost along the way. I studied behavioral ecology and have yet to finish my graduate degree…
I am a wildlife rehabilatator, the only ‘job’ that ever made sense to my spirit. I help run a very small local primitive skills group with a good friend of mine. It can be really hard to convince most people that spending a day out in the woods, no matter the weather, on your knees in mud or sweating over a bow drill is a great way to spend the day…so our ranks have stayed small…we stay hopeful though!
My passions are animals, wild or not, the outdoors, trees, living in the moment, dirt under my fingernails, the smell of a dark damp forest, drumming to connect to Spirit, being online (i’m an addict I admit it), primitive skills and virtually anything that is natural.
Feel free to contact me…though I am very shy and reclusive by nature, antisocial even, but definitely looking forward to making some like minded friends here.

Kimber
aka Wylde Chylde

Welcome Wildcook, Cyril, and Kimber!

Yes, our little family of anti-socialites grows and grows. :slight_smile:

hey,

i’m in the PNW. i practice TCM and western herbal medicine. i am super in to trades if anyone needs some medicines that i could provide.

[quote=“Willem, post:72, topic:67”]Welcome Wildcook, Cyril, and Kimber!

Yes, our little family of anti-socialites grows and grows. :)[/quote]

Hail hail, Willem, well met. Many grateful blessings upon your household, and a plentiful swarm of polyps cankers and pox upon your enemies.

After seeing your glorious icon I have elected to seek out the track ‘Princes of the Universe’. roughly my third favorite Queen ditty after ‘Under Pressure’ and ‘Slightly Mad’. That particular tune makes me all maudlin all over, reaching deep into the sunless subterranean pits of the psyche and scooping old sentiments from a time when all I needed to rekindle my youthful levity was to imagine a flowing trenchcoat upon my shoulders, a trenchcoat concealing a masterwork katana…

Welcome welcome!!!

trenchcoat concealing a masterwork katana
I am concealing a masterwork something under my trench, but it's not a katana.....
Welcome welcome!!!

Thank you, three and twenty. I feel much more welcome now.

I am concealing a masterwork something under my trench, but it's not a katana.....

Fantastic. What exactly? Who was the artisan/craftsperson responsible for toiling to create such a treasure?

I must acknowledge the possiblity that you are referring to your genitalia. I haven’t met anyone who claims to have crafted and thus controlled the growth of their genitals. One might say it’s in God’s hands… but that sounds kind of silly.

uhhmmmm you totally busted me…I did not create masterwork genitalia…damn you rules lawyer…

Hi, I’m Glenn. I currently resided in the Northwoods of Wisconsin (part of the volunteer staff at the Teaching Drum Outdoor School), but will be moving to the Appalachians of N. Carolina within a month. Good to see all that activity here.

Welcome, Glenn!

Welcome and hello again everyone:) I enjoy this rewilding experience and opportunity so far and look forward to it almost daily lately. I seek regularly what you’ll have to say and extremely, for me, it gets more intense and enjoyable as time goes by. I first logged on under the name Road Runner Man, but unfortunately, as I remember, I deleted my account with curiosity controlling my actions fully. I chose to go by the name Airique as a new name. Means: Eric. I chose that spelling because the name “Eric” someone else has chose on this forum! For me, the forum won’t allow multiple users to use the same name or I’d just go choose my real name Eric.

Sincerely,
Road Runner Man