I want civ to end NOW!

I remember how much I loved working on my grandparents farm in the summer, my grandmothers cooking, the stories my grandfather would tell when we took a break, the way he would whistle birdsongs in the evening, and the birds singing back. He thought me how to make flutes from fresh branches in the spring, I hope I can teach my grandchildren the same thing one day. Hope they will do the same to their grandchildren.
My grandparents knew what plants are edible, how to hunt, how to set a snare and lots of other things I would love to know, but due to civilization(and relocation), I never learned these thing. Now they are gone, and with them the knowlegde of my anscestors. Even the farm is gone, they could not compete with the new industrial farms, and after ten years of trying they gave up, sold the land and moved to the city to die.
I want a place where I know every stone, where every tree is part of me, where the birds greet me in the morning and whistle with me in the evening.

I PHUCKING HATE CIV! Civ has robbed me of my legacy, it has robbed me of the only land I’v ever felt part of, the only group of people I’v ever truly felt loved and secure in and it has turned me into a helpless child hiding in an adult body! I WANT TO SEE IT END, FRIGGIN NOW ! It has stolen countless hours from my life, it has caged my mind behind bars of domestication, it took my childhood, it took my teens BUT I AM NOT GONNA LET IT TAKE ANY MORE. This is it, I’v been pushed far enough, now I will dig my feet into the ground like the oldest most badass tree you ever saw and I will NOT be moved!

And I want to smell smoke and taste the ashes of burning cities on the tip of my tounge. I’v never felt this strongly about anything ever before, and what I feel is sorrow… and RAGE! Not the kind of rage you feel when your partying and some asshole is hitting on your girl, not the kind of rage you feel when someone screws you over at your job…
No, this is the kind of rage you see in a grizzly protecting it’s cub, the rage that turns a wounded cat into a lion, the kind of rage that comes from LOVE. Love of LIFE.

And I do not know where to channel this rage, cause I swear, this is the kind of rage that needs an outlet, lest it consumes me alive.

Yeah, i often feel like that too.

I felt the heat of your fire, and I too could see those cities burning and all.

When you come up with those outlets, I’d sure like to hear about it.

-Misko

yeah I hear you on civ. I wish it would end.it has robbed us all of who we truly are,I often feel lost or un connected with a culture or ties to my family they go back far,our civilization does not respect our elders or the recollection that we are animals and without the earth the and the knowledge of the we are nothing.our culture is dwindling down to nothing but sadly as slow as molasses.living in this civ. is hard on one’s mind, it’s hard to think of money and paying the rent for a roof over your head and you have the knowledge to build your own housing(or are learning) but the biggest part of it all that pisses me offis that as much as I want to topple and fall and as much as I want that that smell and taste of burning cities in my mouth, the very shitty part of it all is that eye in a sense have to rely on civ.more than anyone because I am and an electric wheelchair and at night I have to sleep with a machine that gives me enough air to breathe through the night and to last me throughout the next day.constantly im surrounded by machines,they don’t haunt me but i fucking hate it,but if gives me the ability to rewild, to do the things I can. I know the fucked up processes the earth goes through to produce the industrialized contraptions.

But some outlets for me are meeting fellow rewilders in your area, scream out loud in the wilderness, talk,laugh,dance,draw,be outside as much as possible.does that help?

[quote=“RHex, post:1, topic:1380”]And I want to smell smoke and taste the ashes of burning cities on the tip of my tounge. I’v never felt this strongly about anything ever before, and what I feel is sorrow… and RAGE! Not the kind of rage you feel when your partying and some asshole is hitting on your girl, not the kind of rage you feel when someone screws you over at your job…
No, this is the kind of rage you see in a grizzly protecting it’s cub, the rage that turns a wounded cat into a lion, the kind of rage that comes from LOVE. Love of LIFE.

And I do not know where to channel this rage, cause I swear, this is the kind of rage that needs an outlet, lest it consumes me alive.[/quote]

YES!!!

We need a resistance movement (to join), and we need it now. We need to FIGHT.

I totally feel you.

Joining a full resistance movement would be great, but I’m basically alone in any resistance I might offer here.

It really feels like a ‘proper’, organized resistance is needed, though. Something with a lot of strategic ability, and a proven way of filtering members and protecting info.

[quote=“kveldulf, post:5, topic:1380”]I totally feel you.

Joining a full resistance movement would be great, but I’m basically alone in any resistance I might offer here.

It really feels like a ‘proper’, organized resistance is needed, though. Something with a lot of strategic ability, and a proven way of filtering members and protecting info.[/quote]

I’m not sure if thats the best way to do it, been thinking abit about this, see if this makes sense to any of you!

Information wins wars, and civ will ALWAYS have an information advantage over us with their technophilia and bloated resourcebase. Any attempt from our side to organise will be doomed from its birth due to civ’s infiltration, surveilance and general control over information. There would be a brife flare of unrest, followed by mass arrests and insanely out of scale sentences… Besides, fighting hierarcy with hierarcy goes against my principles, I don’t want to become what I fight, I want to become what they fight.
So I think what we should do to counter this is not organising any large scale movement, but instead take a lesson from the elves, or rather the ELF’s!

Welcome to the struggle of all species to be free.

We are the burning rage of this dying planet. The war of greed ravages the earth and species die out every day. ELF works to speed up the collapse of industry, to scare the rich, and to undermine the foundations of the state. We embrace social and deep ecology as a practical resistance movement. We have to show the enemy that we are serious about defending what is sacred. Together we have teeth and claws to match our dreams. Our greatest weapons are imagination and the ability to strike when least expected.

Since 1992, a series of earth nights and halloween smashes has mushroomed around the world. 1000’s of bulldozers, powerlines, computer systems, buildings and valuable equipment have been composted. Many ELF actions have been censored to prevent our bravery from inciting others to take action.

We take inspiration from the Luddites, Levellers, Diggers, the Autonome squatter movement, ALF, the Zapatistas, and the little people – those mischievous elves of lore. Authorities can’t see us because they don’t believe in elves. We are practically invisible. We have no command structure, no spokespersons, no office, just many small groups working separately, seeking vulnerable targets and parcticing our craft.

Many elves are moving to the Pacific Northwest and other sacred areas. Some elves will leave surprises as they go. Find your family! And let’s dance as we make ruins of the corporate money system.

Form ‘stormy night’ action groups, encourage friends you trust. A tight community of love is a poweful force.

With no organisation, no leaders, nothing. They are just people, sometimes alone, sometimes close friends or even families working together to demolish threats against the ecosystem. There can be a million elves, but civ will never capture more than 5 or so at a time. An invisible army.

Thats what we should do. And we should write a manifesto, guidelines, practical manuals and a catchy song!

With this forum soon going down I think it is only fitting that we finally get to the core of the issues at hand! I LOVE THIS!

Xcuse me for the ugly links. But i think some people might find them interesting.

http://www.jeffvail.net/2004/12/open-source-warfare-vs-arcane-use-for.html
http://www.jeffvail.net/2005/09/defending-pala-rhizome-as-mode-of.html
http://www.jeffvail.net/2007/03/blue-force-intel.html
http://www.jeffvail.net/2005/07/rhizome-guerrilla-media-swarming-and.html
http://www.jeffvail.net/2005/01/swarming-open-source-warfare-and-black.html

[quote=“dandelionpunk, post:3, topic:1380”]the very shitty part of it all is that eye in a sense have to rely on civ.more than anyone because I am and an electric wheelchair and at night I have to sleep with a machine that gives me enough air to breathe through the night and to last me throughout the next day.constantly im surrounded by machines,they don’t haunt me but i fucking hate it,but if gives me the ability to rewild, to do the things I can. I know the fucked up processes the earth goes through to produce the industrialized contraptions.

But some outlets for me are meeting fellow rewilders in your area, scream out loud in the wilderness, talk,laugh,dance,draw,be outside as much as possible.does that help?[/quote]

Whoa… Huge dose love and respect sent, you are brave! :slight_smile:

timeLESS, yeah rhizome is the way to go!

I might be able to set up an encrypted server for a forum. This forum should be screened and secure I feel, maybe invite only…

So I think what we should do to counter this is not organising any large scale movement, but instead take a lesson from the elves, or rather the ELF's!
ELF is small time compared to what I'm thinking, though. Resistance has to be relentless, focused, and hit vital points. Burning SUV's once in a blue moon isn't really helping, as it's really easy to recover from those kind of actions given the time, resources, etc, allowed.

We need to diversify and kick things up a few notches.

I’ve been toying with randomization as a method to coordinate actions, while still keeping OODA advantages intact.

Another idea is similar to torrents. Movie torrents are a grey area, legally, until the pieces are assembled. There has to be some application for this, like not having a prosecutable plan assembled… but I haven’t figured much of this out yet, as I just thought of it.

There is definitely some balance to be struck between tiny, self acting cells and widespread coordinated action, though.

I might be able to set up an encrypted server for a forum. This forum should be screened and secure I feel, maybe invite only...

That would be cool, but how would security be established? I’d love to join, but how do you know I’m not FBI, for example?

ELF is small time compared to what I’m thinking, though. Resistance has to be relentless, focused, and hit vital points. Burning SUV’s once in a blue moon isn’t really helping, as it’s really easy to recover from those kind of actions given the time, resources, etc, allowed.

We need to diversify and kick things up a few notches.

I’ve been toying with randomization as a method to coordinate actions, while still keeping OODA advantages intact.

Another idea is similar to torrents. Movie torrents are a grey area, legally, until the pieces are assembled. There has to be some application for this, like not having a prosecutable plan assembled… but I haven’t figured much of this out yet, as I just thought of it.

There is definitely some balance to be struck between tiny, self acting cells and widespread coordinated action, though.

[quote]
I might be able to set up an encrypted server for a forum. This forum should be screened and secure I feel, maybe invite only…[/quote]

That would be cool, but how would security be established? I’d love to join, but how do you know I’m not FBI, for example?[/quote]

Good stuff Kveldulf :slight_smile:

First of I just want to make it clear that I do not endorse violence against humans in the name of rewilding, unless it is a clear case of direct self-defence. I do endorse violence against powerlines, dams, bulldozers, superhighways, railroadtracks(warning signs should be placed to avoid accidents), stockmarkets, servers and any other technological contraption forming the pillars of civilization.

OODA loop: Observe, Orient, Decide and Act. Rinse and repeat!

Organization could be as simple as a inconspicous webpage displaying a random date. If you had a few hundred people taking down their targets previously decided through the OOD part of the loop, with the date on the webpage as the triggering A part, you would have a virtually untracable system. Stress on the infrastructure would increase with each cycle, and complexity would keep on mounting till the point of collapse.
And as more and more people join the resistance these waves of sabotage could create quite a butterfly effect!

Now I’m not quite sure if I follow you on the torrent idea… Do you mean organising things so that all actions taken are in a legal gray area? Would love to hear more on this!

How do I know your not a fed… Hmm, judging from your avatar you listen to obscure norwegian folkmetal, I don’t think thats a typical fed thing to do but what do I know :stuck_out_tongue:

But yeah, infiltration and surveillance and that kind of shit is our main problem, anyone have any ideas?

Gather round the fire and brainstorm people! Then we can dance afterwards…

First of I just want to make it clear that I do not endorse violence against humans in the name of rewilding, unless it is a clear case of direct self-defence.
I'm on the same line of thinking. 90% of the problems I run into are related to this. Removing that restriction would make things really simple, but I know I'd regret anything like that.
Organization could be as simple as a inconspicous webpage displaying a random date. If you had a few hundred people taking down their targets previously decided through the OOD part of the loop, with the date on the webpage as the triggering A part, you would have a virtually untracable system.
That's the trick... keeping enough people coordinated, while still maintaining a faster OODA loop than the counter efforts can follow.
Now I'm not quite sure if I follow you on the torrent idea... Do you mean organising things so that all actions taken are in a legal gray area? Would love to hear more on this!
Exactly. A whole bunch of individual actions, pieces of info, etc, that on their own won't stand up in court and don't tell the whole story, thus preventing much counter action and jail time. [i]Perhaps[/i] the person doing the final act itself could be punished(if caught), but by then the work is done. I don't know if it's really a viable idea, or exactly how it would work. Just something that popped into my head.
But yeah, infiltration and surveillance and that kind of shit is our main problem, anyone have any ideas?

Online, I have no clue. It seems best to keep details within physical groups.
Randomization could work, keeping everybody in the dark about whats going to be done and when until the last minute; Randomly drawing from a pool of pre-brainstormed targets, times, locations, etc, while leaving precise tactics up to individual cells.

How do I know your not a fed.. Hmm, judging from your avatar you listen to obscure norwegian folkmetal, I don't think thats a typical fed thing to do but what do I know :P
Totally. We're all hanging around the office with horns full of mead, blasting Ásmegin between phone tap listening sessions [sub][img]http://www.sevenstring.org/forum/images/smilies/Zork-Metal-Smiley.gif[/img][/sub].... err, I mean... Yeah you're probably right :P Really cool that you recognized that, though.

Disclaimer: this discussion is purely theoretical, does not in any represent the views and values of the owners of this forum, and is simply an intellectual toy for bored minds. Nor does it in any way represent my views etc etc.

:slight_smile:

Exactly. A whole bunch of individual actions, pieces of info, etc, that on their own won't stand up in court and don't tell the whole story, thus preventing much counter action and jail time. [i]Perhaps[/i] the person doing the final act itself could be punished(if caught), but by then the work is done. I don't know if it's really a viable idea, or exactly how it would work. Just something that popped into my head.

Yeah this makes perfect sense, we need to work out the details… Will give it some thought later!

Online, I have no clue. It seems best to keep details within physical groups. Randomization could work, keeping everybody in the dark about whats going to be done and when until the last minute; Randomly drawing from a pool of pre-brainstormed targets, times, locations, etc, while leaving precise tactics up to individual cells.

That was my take on it too, as I see it the more random, individual and spontaneous our way is, the more effective it will be against an ordered, collective and scheming opponent.

Totally. We're all hanging around the office with horns full of mead, blasting Ásmegin between phone tap listening sessions [sub][img]http://www.sevenstring.org/forum/images/smilies/Zork-Metal-Smiley.gif[/img][/sub].... err, I mean... Yeah you're probably right :P Really cool that you recognized that, though.

Ásmegin kicks troll ass! Blodhevn!

The Bazaar model of warfare:

Leveraged attacks. As we see in Iraq, if appropriately planned, small attacks can have amazing impact. The reason behind this are the system dynamics that amplify results. ROIs (returns on investment) in excess of one million fold have been measured in Iraq. This means that smaller groups can have tremendous impact at the strategic level if they adopt the Iraqi method.

Swarms vs. single group activity. The bazaar offers the potential of many smaller attacks that can in aggregate have an impact equal to several large attacks. Many hands make light work. Combined with system leverage, this could reduce a nation to economic chaos in short order.

Rapid innovation. The bazaar’s demonstrated ability to provide rapid innovatation makes defense much extremely difficult. Rather than a single 9/11 style attack, we may see small attacks (less planning and training, fewer people, less support) against a plethora of targets. With a sufficient number of guerrilla networks unearthing vulnerabilities (particularly ones with system’s leverage), security forces will likey be outmatched.

Now we also should discuss what kind of targets are appropiate. I’m thinking that it is important to choose targets that:

¤ Do maximum physical and economical damage.

¤ Requiers maximum amount of effort to repair.

¤ Gives the least amount of bad publicity and the maximum amount of public support, like for instance archetypal evil corporations.

¤ Are clearly tied to the goals of the movement(being the total demolishing of civilization:-)

Can’t wait to get things going, I was in an urban exploration group(breaking and entering on public grounds just for explorations sake) a couple of years ago, the rush of being somewhere your not supposed to, doing something your not allowed to… I felt truly alive for the first time since childhood!

I’m sure there are more voices here with contributions to make, come on, the talking-stick is yours!

“In the blink of an eye, electromagnetic bombs could throw civilization back 200 years. And terrorists can build them for $400.”

http://www.popularmechanics.com/science/defense/1281421.html

E-bombs/EMPs are relatively easy to make. You can even use one as a pump to power a second one and get more power. Wikipedia has a bunch of info on this.

The problem is that they are considered “weapons of mass destruction”.
Getting caught with one, or plans for one, would be identical to being caught with a nuclear bomb. Huge penalty for failure.

Of course, given the simplicity of materials, its a very small risk.

Disclaimer: this discussion is purely theoretical, does not in any represent the views and values of the owners of this forum, and is simply an intellectual toy for bored minds. Nor does it in any way represent my views etc etc.

Ditto.

I too would like to state that:

Disclaimer: this discussion is purely theoretical, does not in any way represent the views and values of the owners of this forum, and is simply an intellectual toy for bored minds. Nor does it in any way represent my views etc etc.

I fudging love this too, but i think that it needs to be air-thightly secured so that nobody DOES get caught. I do NOT want this* to happen to myself, or any person at all for that matter.

Of course. Add myself to those that go by this too.

:slight_smile:

I actually have this hankering to start a weekly internet radio broadcast of different rewilding and resistance activities accompanied with a blog. I’d need strong audience collaboration of course though, people to send in news stories, event happenings, maybe even discussions/interviews. I think as a nice ‘morale boost’, I see a lot of news/blogs etc that have all the really cynical horror stuff, I want to spread the news that gets the strong feeling in the gut, if you know what I mean. Something a bit more ‘positive’ or at least the victories. To capitulate from this forum here, I’d like to press the news from the rewild frontier so to speak.

EMP bomb + Wall Street = Goody!

But learn to make Thermite people, nothing stops thermite, and thermite stops everything:)

www.etribes.com/rhex

EMP bomb + Wall Street = Goody!

Put it in a large model rocket. Altitude=greater range and prevents injuries that could be caused by an explosion on the ground.

Do it during a big thunderstorm, and it would take forever to figure out what happened, as well as adding the “random” factor… no one can be totally sure when/where a storm will hit, but when it does, deployment is minutes away.

Multiple cities at once, perhaps, having the devices ready weeks beforehand, launched at a synchronized time.

I fudging love this too, but i think that it needs to be air-thightly secured so that nobody DOES get caught.

Yeah, sentences for ecodefense tend to be quite ridiculously long, due to civ trying to make an example…

Do it during a big thunderstorm, and it would take forever to figure out what happened, as well as adding the "random" factor... no one can be totally sure when/where a storm will hit, but when it does, deployment is minutes away.

Now your touching on something vital here! In this process of dismanteling timing will be essential. When you are pushing a child on a swing you don’t need to use much force as long as you apply it at the correct moment, one tiny push at a time will soon release the laughter of a child thrilled with life into the air.

To maximize the effects of our acts of insubordination we should wait for the moments when they are most effective, both locally and globally. Wait for the snows of winter before you take out those remotely located power lines, wait for the spring flood before you dismantle that dam, wait for an economic depression before you hack that credit-card company.

The ebbs and flows of Nature as applied to civilization is our ally in this endeavor, and by carefully tuning in to these rhythms we minimize our own expenditure of energy. Force the Machine to always go uphill, and laugh when it looses its breath and starts stumbling.

But what about hacking/cracking and computer viruses. Thats a leveraged tool if I ever saw one.