I want civ to end NOW!

To maximize the effects of our acts of insubordination we should wait for the moments when they are most effective, both locally and globally... The ebbs and flows of Nature as applied to civilization is our ally in this endeavor,
My thoughts exactly..."power-lines-in-winter" has played in my mind ever since a heavy/wet snowfall took out power to my town a few years back. Crushed the towers. We receive lines from two power grids, being in a vital mountain pass, and we were still without permanent power for over a week.
But what about hacking/cracking and computer viruses. That's a leveraged tool if I ever saw one.
No doubt. The major problem with this: It seems that those who possess a truly damaging amount of skill for this kind of thing are far more prone to techno-utopian/dystopian fantasies, and are usually highly addicted to the system.

I’ve met some people who might have the skill, but they would have to be tricked into helping with anything that might so much as slow down their internet connection. Even the ones that see problems with civ are happily waiting for “The Singularity” prophecy to fix everything.
One guy freaked out over peak oil… because the internet might go down :-.

Not to generalize, but that’s what my (limited) experience has been.

Hmm, given the proper amount of money I’m sure some chinese uberprogrammer could be hired, but then again, us rewilders usually ain’t much gifted in the monetary department:p Nor do we want to be:)

But yeah I see your point, but I feel that once would-be anarchist worldwide join our league of extraordinery gentlefolks someone with the nescessary skills will step up to the plate.

I don’t want to diminish this discussion in any way, but I thought I’d point any interested folks to the Derrick Jensen forum, which exists solely for the purpose of (hypothetically of course 8)) discussing how best to bring down civilization. We would welcome your ideas there!

http://forum.derrickjensen.org/

I also want to remind everyone to keep security culture in mind at all times. I think you all have been doing a good job so far.

Will check it out indeed!

I kinda think civ will strike back pretty hard once resistance becomes a serious issue to them… Might be rough times ahead, learning to live off the land is essential I feel.

the more self determined, and the more we don’t have to rely on institutions of civilization the less power they have.
This does mean becoming as self/family/community sufficient as possible and creating/rewilding social institutions IMO.

I gotta run, here, myself, but I’m hoping to come back to this thread and finish reading what you all have to say. For right now: RHex, and the rest of you, I feel for you! I’ve been off and on with these same feelings for a while. I saw that Jensen was mentioned a post or so ago, and have this to add:

http://www.derrickjensen.org/fear01.html

RHex, you especially reminded me of that article with the “mother bear” comment. I hope you all enjoy the read. More later, I hope.

~SW

That was a good read indeed:)

Now while we are here talking people over in UK have been busy doing…

The Royal bank of Scotland got owned:

http://www.winnipegsun.com/news/world/2009/04/01/8966386.html#/news/world/2009/04/01/pf-8964186.html

Someone planted a bomb outside Bank of London:

http://www.thelondonpaper.com/thelondonpaper/news/london/news/bomb-squad-detonates-suspect-package-at-bank-of-england

General hell:

“Let’s be patriots for the only country we have got: Planet Earth. Only then can we adequately respond to the message of the climate scientists about the clear and present danger to our biosphere, investing in life for our grandchildren, not in death and oil wars.” -G20 Climate Camp.

I kept trying to type something for this, but it kept coming out wrong. Fuck it, I’ll just give it a shot.

Everyone who resonates with this needs to read Endgame. Maybe twice. Most importantly, we need to remember the advice that the aboveground and underground, that is the legal/public and illegal/secret actions need to have separation, at least to some degree. It’s for everyone’s protection. we also need to give support to each other, whatever we’re doing.

And to end this on a happy note: http://money.cnn.com/2009/04/06/news/economy/dams/index.htm?postversion=2009040608

I agree, don’t go preaching resistance in the streets, instead help people se that there is an alternative way of living. Then resistance will grow in their hearts on it’s own accord, like it did with us.

The more I think about it the more I feel like the real battle will be preventing civilization from happening again after the first collapse. The coming collapse which we see outlined in the economics of today seems engineered to me, if you read between the lines in the UN’s documents concerning the future you will discover that they seem to be planning for a future with a much more managable, and lower, population. Why they do not mention.
The collapse we are all hoping for might infact be only the first phase of a long struggle.

What I am saying is this: Someone high up know that the system of today can’t last, so they want less people. Not to save the enviroment, but to keep civ going longer so they can make more money and enjoy their powertrip for while longer. They are the true enemy.

Goddamn it, I sound like I wear a tinfoil hat at times:p

Yea, I get that at certain times. Knowing certain complicated things like this can often times make you sound crazy to someone who doesn’t have the background information. For instance, with my understanding of anti-authoritarian and anti-civilization ideas, I might say something that seems totally logical and obvious, but to someone who gets their worldview from FOX News or any of the other corporate propaganda networks, it just sounds loopy.

[quote=“incendiary_dan, post:30, topic:1380”][quote author=RHex link=topic=1470.msg15263#msg15263 date=1239298103]
Goddamn it, I sound like I wear a tinfoil hat at times:p
[/quote]

Yea, I get that at certain times. Knowing certain complicated things like this can often times make you sound crazy to someone who doesn’t have the background information. For instance, with my understanding of anti-authoritarian and anti-civilization ideas, I might say something that seems totally logical and obvious, but to someone who gets their worldview from FOX News or any of the other corporate propaganda networks, it just sounds loopy.[/quote]

Yeah! Same here. ;D

Yep! Beginning to see it the same way too!

And now civ’s newest desperate measure to fight global warming!

Geoengineering Strategies

Among all geoengineering schemes, those currently considered most feasible involve increasing the planetary albedo, that is, reflecting more sunlight back into space before it can be absorbed. There are a number of different methods that could be used to increase the planet’s reflectivity:

1. Add more small reflecting particles in the upper part of the atmosphere (the stratosphere which is located between 15 and 50 kilometers above the Earth’s surface).

2. Add more clouds in the lower part of the atmosphere (the troposphere)

3. Place various kinds of reflecting objects in space either near the earth or at a stable location between the earth and the sun.

4. Change large portions of the planet’s land cover from things that are dark (absorbing) such as trees to things that are light (reflecting) such as open snowcover or grasses.

Applied to geoengineering, various technologies could be used to loft particles into the stratosphere, such as naval guns, rockets, hot air balloons or blimps, or a fleet of highflying aircraft. Potential types of particles for injection include sulfur dioxide, aluminum oxide dust or even designer self-levitating aerosols.

Hell yeah, let’s saturate the air we breath with sulfur and aliminum and cut down the trees that make new air! PHUCKING GENIOUS!

For the first time in my life I actually wish death in the slow and humiliating form of syphilis upon certain fellow humans.

hello,

I have really enjoyed reading this thread. I just joined this forum today, though i have read conversations here in the past and this is my first post. I decided to post in this thread because the derrick jensen forum is mentioned here a few posts back. I am concerned about the derrick jense forum because it seem to have dissappeared. I cannot find it on the web. I usually google “derrick jensen forum” and the click the site that is titled “login” but today i was sent to the d.j. website, not the forum. When i clicked the link for the d.j. forum that bereal posted it sends me to the d.j. website not the forum. I cannot get to the forum from the website. If anyone knows how to access the d.j. forum or if you know what happened to it please let me know.

thank you
-wiley

p.s. I am glad that i was finally promted to join this forum today becasue i think it has valuable info and i want to join in the conversations

Wiley, the site went down for the day due to one of the administrators making upgrades. It has since been restored, so things have returned to normal. The link should work now. :slight_smile:

Thanks for the info bereal. It scared me because I read that site everyday while I am at work. It is a great community and I thought it was somehow gone.