Introductions

Hi people of the internet. I am not interested in going very wild in all senses of the word, just being free. And free is an either on or off thing, there is no such thing as “more freedoms”. Or so I think. I am interested in eprime but I forget to utilize it. I live in a nice place and have lots of good family and friends. I try to behave. I love religion. I could talk about religion a lot. I have insight. God gives me answers for I have starved in a certain way for such things. I already love you all. Shhhh do not tell anyone. I love memes too. Maybe I’ll share one. I am on an Odyssey and I will probably make it home.

1 Like

Welcome here, ForgottenThings.

I feel welcome. Never been to a rodeo like this before.

Hello, my name Is Shanista, I live in northeast Oklahoma, I am a wife and mother, I spend most of my time “re-wilding” out doors and I make my own medicine and try to eat wild foods that are abundant (I am very conscious of wildlife and the earth). I am very real about things, and I prefer to do things myself and as natural and earth friendly as possible. I am constantly seeking knowledge. Peace.

1 Like

Blair Butterfield, 35, Miami, FL and Central Vermont, woman, artist, mother, farmer rewilding!
I’m an artist who tries to reimagine the human relationship with Nature. I create moments of engagement through farming, playing, performance, ethnogrophies, story collecting, sound collecting and deep engagement. I’m still in process of discovering the best means to manifest this. I’m interested in regenerative culture and really exploring what this looks like, as we reimagine the future. It is, for me, a curative and healing process for both humans and Nature. Something that humans have known about and practiced before, but has lost touch with. I believe it lives in our intuition, but we are repressed, blocked and need to be released. (I believe this is possible for all no matter the societal constructs of class, race, geography)

I’m interested in starting a regenerative land lab for rewilding, I have a farm in Miami and also work with a larger farm in Randolph Vermont, where some programming could happen too. I want to find people to collaborate with and work on developing a rewilding and regenerative culture.

Looking forward to being apart of the conversations!

1 Like

Howdy, fam.

I use to be a member of this site in another life (its other life, not mine), but I gave up on it during the cat-meme phase. Glad to see it’s grown since then.

Honestly, rediscovering this site & remembering there are other people “like me” out there has really squeezed some of the doom & fog out of my head. I can’t thank you all enough for existing. I know it can be a real challenge in this insane world sometimes.

I’m a student & full-time wage-slave precariously rooted in Northern Virginia. I’m currently homeless by choice & seeking the wisdom of the wind & the open road while saving up for a place to call humanity’s (none of this absurd my land/your land bs for me, thank you very much).

I dream of starting a massive food forest/rewilded community; a seed of a nation prepared to break away from our current arrangement as the Earth’s “civilized” parasites. So if anybody wants to go half-sies with me on ~60 acres in SW VA hit me up.
This could be the tribe’s:
11 year old homestead for $65,000

I look forward to learning from & sharing with you all.
Stay wild, my friends.
-SharpRock

1 Like

Hi Blair,
I like your effort in trying to bring back what we have lost in our culture.
I am from Sarasota, Fl and just had a farming experience in Vermont. Finishing up an internship in Colorado. It must be a challenge farming in Miami.
It would be great to help you out in anyway I can. Let me know more about what you are doing!
Thanks, Allie

Hi Ana,
Out of every post on here I most relate to all of what you have experienced.
I moved out of Florida to experience farming after being fired from an advertising job (said I lacked passion, which is true)…
I highly reccomend trying out farming. I used the wwoof organization to find a farm. Left everything behind and just headed out. Although it’s not technically rewilding, it is still a great skill to be able to grow food. And you get to be outside (more than you may care to be). But you acquire many human necessities that a desk job does not offer. Such as sunlight, being acclamated to natural sleeping patterns, serving an actual purpose of providing healthy food to people, physical labor ( no gym required). You will be so tired, you dont even care what you are “missing out on”, and an overall connection to the natural world.
At the farm I was on in vermont, the old school farmer even took us out to go foraging for ramps or wild leeks. Once you are in this community, people that have like interests will show up in your life.
Anyways, I also get stuck in the sociatial norms. Winter is coming and have no idea what to do. My family wants me to come back to Florida (where I feel suffocated by housing developments, commercial buildings and bad traffic). They just dont get “it”
If you want to talk more, message me!
All the best,
Allie

1 Like

Hi! I’ve never actually posted a Intro post, even though I’ve had an account for a few years. I’m Jon, and I live on the North Shore of Lake Ontario. I’ve been flirting with rewilding for years, but it’s hard to detach from a civ lifestyle without a community. I have a little knowledge (I read a lot), but little practical experience. Currently, I’m working on trying to start hunting. I bought some land in Northern Ontario a few years ago, but my dreams of moving up there and starting a wildstead have proven much harder to accomplish.

I’m interested in Inter-sectional anti-oppressive practices, Permaculture, Hunting, Foraging, Bushcraft, Green-Anarchy, Intentional communities, Polyamory, and Rewilding spirituality: specifically the animistic and Earth worshiping practices of my own paleolithic ancestors, who lived in “Europe”. Unfortunately, our traditional knowledge has been forgotten, and the oldest (or reconstructed) traditions from Europe worship Deities from the agriculturist cultures that came later, so again I don’t have a community of people to practice with.

Anyways, that’s me. I’m a bit introverted, but I’m pretty friendly. I’m interested in making friends, especially with people who live close enough to meet in real life (Southern Ontario). Feel free to reach out if you think we share interests.

Jon

1 Like

Pretty sure I already posted on this forum,
But I’m struggling so hard with breaking from civilization. I’m 25,female. Have a degree in graphic design. Worked in advertising for 2 years. I had to look up motivational quotes everyday just to survive. Getting fired was the best relief ever! My boss said he could tell my heart wasn’t in it…Correct! I have some farming experience now over the past couple years. It’s closer to my ideal life. But not quite sustainable. I’m living with my mother in Florida now, looking for work that doesn’t completely suck, or a new escape/adventure. I know I want to live more primitive, but I need to find someone willing to take me in and teach the skills. I’m patient and hard working. Willing to do what it takes…just dont know where to start. And yes I’m reading Ishmael… I forget the exact quote, but Quinn states something like-
even if you realize you’re trapped in society you cant do anything because we are already in prison…
I feel connected to that. I dont want to leave my family, but they are so blind that they wont change their lives. And it drives me insane just being around them.
Anyways…if you need a hand and have patience with a newbie. Let me know!

2 Likes

Welcome! Hope you find some inspiration here. :smiley:

The forest calls home once again…

I’m Cody, 21, male. I’ve never felt at home in society. I’ve left three colleges, held nine jobs in four years, and have no idea what I want to do with my life.

Wait, yes I do, that’s why I’m here.

I’m brushing up my skills on primitive living. Unfortunately, the DFW Metroplex isn’t the most natural area, so I’m mainly just gathering information for now. My modus operandi would be a semi-nomadic lifestyle in a U.S. National Forest or BLM Land, preferably with a small group. I’d like to get some practical experience under my belt with bushcraft, hunting, et cetera, before I set off into the wilderness.

My depression has been hitting me hard, lately, especially as those around me don’t understand the whole “rewild” concept. A few days in Alaska hiking over Christmas break made me realize what I truly want.

Always looking for friends and fellow adventurers! PM me!

1 Like

Hi Cody, good to have you at this campfire. Warm yourself and share your stories, or listen to others’.

1 Like

Is this thing on? Not sure if these forums are still active, but I hope so! I’m from Texas, but living in Bolivia right now. First got introduced to these ideas living and working on a farm outside of Waco that teaches sustainable agriculture and international development. I read Ishmael by Daniel Quinn and then the other two in the trilogy and haven’t stopped going down the rabbit hole since.

2 Likes

Welcome! What books/authors are you planning on going on to next?

Welcome! Fellow Texan here!

1 Like

Shout out to the other Texan(s) here! I am currently reading Move Your DNA and working on moving towards a furniture free house. We live in the city and I am often at a desk, but trying to make more opportunities to move and not just exercise! I also just finished the MaddAddam Trilogy by Margaret Atwood. Highly recommend!

Against the Grain by James C. Scott is probably next on my list since I have it already. Trying to read what I have before I buy more!! Hard to get English books here in Bolivia so using a Kindle to read most books.

I actually looked for a thread on book recommendations to add some to my list! Lots of good new finds!

1 Like

Hey there!
Love Katy Bowman!
It is a struggle to work at a desk all day and have hope for a more sustainable future.
Have you read any Michael Pollan books?Omnivore’s Dilemma is great.
Have you looked into MovNat classes? the website will direct you to local certified instructors.
Good luck in the rabbit hole

Yes! Read (or maybe listened) to Omnivore’s Dilemma many years ago. It was very formative for me in thinking about our relationship to our food.

I’m currently living in Bolivia so probably not going to find local MovNat classes, but I do a lot of walking in normal life here. I’ve been enjoying the rabbit hole for quite a while. I find it just keeps going and there’s more tunnels to explore.