Why isn't there many female anarcho primitivists?

Serious question.

Why is this movement lacking ladies?

There are actually a lot of females into primitivism, however almost all the ones I’ve met have no internet presence.

:o Get them to the public libraries with free internet access. :smiley: ;D

I think we all know the real reason:

Our very own Penny Scout does the work of a thousand lady primitivists!

;D

I say, stupid thread!

Ladies, if you mind, what do you think? Oh and I don’t mean to pry or anything of that demeanor.

Why is it a stupid thread? :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote=“Kaliverdant, post:4, topic:231”]I think we all know the real reason:

;D[/quote]

She is the first woman primitivist I have ever met and I was very surprised when I first saw one of her threads here. :stuck_out_tongue:

Penny does seem way better then a thousand lady primitivists. :smiley:

You didn’t like my post because of it’s randomness right?

:-\

check out some of penny’s threads in the Social Technology section:

I say, 'cause of its wastefulness, The Joker.

It looks like to me that not enough of us (especially guys for some reason) talk about what they do when they travel off to the woods, parks, mountain, streets and backyards playing and rewilding 'crossed the planet wherever civilization leads to some way of collapse and it always leads to some type of collapse or abandonment (such as in our case). What do you think? Why do you ask? Do you want more females to join? I want more humans too rewild. M or F. IDK. I mean, I tell all types of people that I eat worms and do more wild things and learn, but mostly I do my thing and they do theirs and I don’t go around telling people shit or asking question that I don’t try to crack myself.

To each its own.

Kudos to anyone who joins.

[quote=“Airique, post:11, topic:231”]I say, 'cause of its wastefulness, The Joker.

It looks like to me that not enough of us (especially guys for some reason) talk about what they do when they travel off to the woods, parks, mountain, streets and backyards playing and rewilding 'crossed the planet wherever civilization leads to some way of collapse and it always leads to some type of collapse or abandonment (such as in our case). What do you think? Why do you ask? Do you want more females to join? I want more humans too rewild. M or F. IDK. I mean, I tell all types of people that I eat worms and do more wild things and learn, but mostly I do my thing and they do theirs and I don’t go around telling people shit or asking question that I don’t try to crack myself.

To each its own.

Kudos to anyone who joins.[/quote]

I was just asking a simple question out of a simple observation.

There was no intention of causing any offences.

I’m glad people think so highly of me! I can’t say exactly why there are not more female primitivists, but I think wilderness stuff is typically considered a boys domain. Fishing, hunting, boy scouts…Do you know what they teach in girlscouts? Home economics, tie-dye, ceramics, cooking. What do people call a girl who likes to get muddy? Who dresses practically? A tomboy. Our parents never wanted a group of us girls to go camping alone, but a group of boys at age 16 and 17? No problem. Then anarchism too seems more of a male thing. Politics in general tends to have an agressive aspect to it. Girls are supposed to be interested in shopping and looking pretty. I started reading Seventeen magazine at about age 10, Cosmopolitan at 13. That said there were plenty of women at the Mid-Atlantic Primtive Skills Meet I just attended, young girls, single 20-somethings, married couples, and even single mothers there with thier children.

The Joker

No offence taken, since I’ve learned to think that everything offers waste.

Personally, I don’t think we lack anything.

Perhaps you ‘lack’ ladies. I didn’t know this forum ‘lacks’ anything, espcially, ladies. How many ladies would make it take not to lack ladies? Also, other than ladies, did you observe anything else lacking of this forum?

[quote=“Airique, post:14, topic:231”]>The Joker

No offence taken, since I’ve learned to think that everything offers waste.

Personally, I don’t think we lack anything.

Perhaps you ‘lack’ ladies. I didn’t know this forum ‘lacks’ anything, espcially, ladies. How many ladies would make it take not to lack ladies? Also, other than ladies, did you observe anything else lacking of this forum? [/quote]

Perhaps you 'lack' ladies.

You could be right. :-\

All I was trying to say is that Anarcho Primitivism seems to be dominated by males. I wasn’t trying to insult anybody as I have said but merely was trying to explain a opinion.

Perhaps we should start a Anarcho Primitivist dating forum. ;D

( Just kidding, or am I? :D)

Also, other than ladies, did you observe anything else lacking of this forum?

I can’t see anything else lacking no.

I know this thread is old but I just now found it… actually I found it several hours ago but it’s disturbed me enough to return to it.

Can I ask, what exactly is your definition of “female anarcho primitivist”? Because I’ve come across lots of blogs, articles, books, etc., by women that certainly fit the anarcho-primitivst bill. Is there some reason these women’s contributions don’t count?

I guess what I find disturbing is the possibility that “female anarcho primitivists” are invisible unless they meet the culture’s standard of beauty. I could well be reading into your question what isn’t there, but that is how I’m interpreting it given your question’s total lack of recognition for those fairly many women who have contributed to anarcho-primitivism. If women have to be beautiful to count even among anarcho primitivists, it means meeting the culture’s standard of beauty is the necessary survival skill for women.

That’s a serious downer on what has been up til now quite an enlightening and fascinating quest to learn about what might lie beyond civilization… it means that, culturally, for women there is no escape. Not to put too fine a point on it, but that totally fuckin blows dude.

We’re here. Why don’t you see us?

I’ve met a bunch of female rewilders at various events. the female-male ratio at wintercount was pretty balanced when I was there. Portland’s ancestral lifeways community has a bunch of women who are involved. That said, certain expeditions and projects seem to become male-dominated, and there definitely seem to be less female rewilders in certain areas.

Paula, where you are getting the standards-of-beauty issue? Joker never says he is seeking beautiful women, nor do you have a reason to believe his personal standards of beauty are in line with the mainstream culture. Suggesting that he is so shallow and sexist as to not notice other women is a serious claim and I don’t see that it is justified. This forum’s active posters are mostly male after all, and I believe that is the basis to his question. I seriously doubt that beauty is blinding posters on a forum since we don’t actually see each other.

You know perhaps the “ladies” aren’t made so comfortable in a scene that believes that “might is right”. Just a thought. Plus, as many folks have pointed out, they are around, they are just often overlooked.

When someone says “I find modern women disgusting,” that definitely makes me uncomfortable.