What the bleep

A movie that I think is worth watching in regards to rewilding mind and heart, What the Bleep Do We Know?

I enjoyed it.

It was cool that it was shot in Portland.

Personally though, I would not know how relevant different people might find it to rewilding.

I find that many of the ideas discussed in the movie are things I have integrated into my life and world view. It certainly has had many positive effects. Perhaps, the most important is a reminder of how my thoughts effect how I experience reality.

“Personally though, I would not know how relevant different people might find it to rewilding.”

I know, I had doubts but this discussion category is about rewilding our minds and hearts. As I watched it again recently I was thinking that this is an alternative view of the mind that many here might find useful.

It also happened to fit right in with my psych classes and a class on addictions/treatment that I took last year

There are aspects of the production that I had to get past in order to get to the useful stuff.

There are aspects of the production that I had to get past in order to get to the useful stuff.

Care to elaborate?

Well Little Spider, I have my own judgemental prejudice/demons to wrestle with sometimes.

Well Little Spider, I have my own judgemental prejudice/demons to wrestle with sometimes.

Don’t we all.

Are you interested in sharing about that? Or is that off limits?

I feel it might encourage more people to voice their opinion if you did, but that’s just my thought.

Arhg, I hate when that happens to me! :wink:

I share this feeling pertaining a video I just posted for my most newest post, http://www.rewild.info/conversations/index.php?topic=1058.msg11412#msg11412. That video has one particular “Lethal Meme” that I think may come very apparent to, Daniel Quinn’s Beyond Civilization: Humanity’s Next Great Adventure book readers and well-read BC goers. Simultaneously that video has a bunch that I think may improve and affirm our REWILDing and existence.

Little Spider-
I think I’d rather hear what people think about the stuff presented in the film than analyze my prejudices (which I am very aware of and work with constantly). Any way check it out if you have the opportunity.

E-
I’d like to check out the video link, but rural dial up internet is a serious limitation.

I watched What the Fuck do we know when it came out in the same theater that part of the film was shot in Portland.I enjoyed the film mostly although I think it was a super watered down version of quantum physics.What bothered me the most though about the film is they have all these talking heads who are “scientists” yapping about their own version of the universe.Are we to believe that any person who calls themselves scientists simply because they are “scientists.” In my opinion a scientist is just as fallible as you or me.Plenty of scientists who follow scientific process produce different often contradictory results for the same experiment.The factor that is not discussed much is the observer and how their observations color each experiment a little differently.This is why when I read that this or that scientist has made some grand proclamation I dont take it as the end truth but as just another oppinion in a world full of them.

[quote=“heyvictor, post:8, topic:998”]E-
I’d like to check out the video link, but rural dial up internet is a serious limitation.[/quote]

Oh! :frowning: I remember those days when I had such linking ways. Well, I’ve giving thought to entailing my own perception with words and stuff their, and perhaps others may come around and share their “omnivore people” ideas their too. :slight_smile: Thanks for replying, Heyvictor!

Ta!

our,
E