Week of Wild Food

Hey fellow rewilders,

I thought I’d post here to let you know I just finished an urban foraging experiment/adventure. I blogged about it for the web magazine Culture Change. What I did was forage wild edibles from sidewalks, parks, wilderness areas and yards in Portland from May 24 through May 30.

You can see my daily record of the adventure and what it taught me about sustainability and survival at www.CultureChange.org

There are seven entries, which I can’t figure out how to link directly with:

Day One – Oh Pizza, You Temptress!
Day Two – Pineapple weed tea
Day Three – Seasons: Why nature is not like the grocery store
Day Four – Wild Girl eats ant eggs, gets bummed
Day Five – Stopping early: Some reflections
Day Six – Sustainability by the numbers
Day Seven – Shifting patterns

Plus a sort of wild food manifesto I wrote here: http://www.culturechange.org/cms/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=433&Itemid=1

And look for an article I did about this in the upcoming EarthFirst! Journal.

and if this whets your appetite for more, maybe you will like to visit my own site, www.FirstWays.com

Happy foraging…!

BTW, this isn’t intended to be a post of shameless self promotion although I know it might look that way. I’m just tryin to let you all know about stuff you are probably interested in reading, that’s all.

Carry on now…

XOXO

Wild Girl

Cool experiment. In hindsight it seems almost inevitable you would go hungry just trying to survive on plants eh? I would have been fishing and trapping from the start, but im a meaty type of guy. I hope you go ahead with the week-long in Autumn with a group of people, twould be awesome!