University Part 2

The University blog hasn’t been posted in in a wile.
I’m a current college student, with no intention of dropping out.
Studying Anthropology, yadda yadda yadda
Anyways, I was wondering if anyone had some suggestions for ways to use to unique college experience as a platform for rewilding

I don’t have much experience with the traditional university education, but our local community college did a “survivor camp” for kids this summer. It was organized by the college, but the instructors were these people: http://www.primitiveskills.com/

My daughter went and loved it. Maybe you can do some networking at the ACORN gathering and get some people together to teach a group at your university? Good Luck!

You may talk to one of the creator of ROOTS school in Vermont. He went to Goddard and made a bow and hunted a deer for his college project. His name is Brad. I haven’t spoken to him about this personally but I was checking that school out a few years back and they mentioned that to me.

Off topic side note:
It’s interesting that so many “primitive skills” schools have the Tom Brown focus of “Scout” rather than “Village”. It’s still this individual pursuit. I love that school, and I like those programs. I wish there was more “village” in our schools though. Who needs scouts when you don’t have a village?

People are really attached to that whole solitary “mountain man” mythology. I think the village mythology got left behind in Europe and the other parts of the world the settlers came from.