This is What the Primal Feminine Smells Like: It's Not All Roses and Vanilla

2 Likes

When rewilding why should the artificial representations only be expected?

But isnā€™t being thick-skinned and having defiant eyes truly pure?

thatā€™s an interesting thoughtā€¦ guess iā€™m not sure about the word ā€œpureā€ at all really.

1 Like

they used ā€˜pureā€™ at the end there in the ā€˜sugar and spice and everything niceā€™ sense. not in a natural sense.

itā€™ll be a long road to reclaim the meaning of ā€˜pureā€™ from the beauty industry.

iā€™d just like to addā€¦ that i have an awesome musk. deodorant doesnā€™t do shit for me, it wears out so fast, even when iā€™ve just bathed that morning. i have a lovely, earthy musk & i wish i never had to mask it.

2 Likes

hi Joan! yes, Iā€™ve come to appreciate my natural scent as well. the only time it seems funky to me is when iā€™m stressed, or ill, or Iā€™ve eaten something unhealthy, then I can smell my body trying to purge those things. Iā€™ve found that for my own comfort, when iā€™m around ppl. who may not appreciate being up close and personal with it, that applying lavender essential oil works really well. my skin handles it happily, I love the scent, and everywhere I go, people say ā€œwow you smell nice, what is that?ā€. kinda funny really, since I bet if it was a synthetic lavender scent, it would be easy for them to recognize. it also makes me feel more comfortable just because iā€™m not worrying about them thinking I smell bad. :frowning: Iā€™d love to try out some other essential oils that would be suitable for delicate skin, like underarms. Do you have any thoughts? thanks for joining this conversation, itā€™s important!

1 Like

ditto on my scent changing when ill/stressed/etc. thereā€™s also a terrible ā€˜travel funkā€™ that happens (not just to me!) when iā€™ve been in a car/plane/whatever for a long time.

for a while i made a mix of baking soda & cornstarch, patted that on with a cloth, & dabbed a bit of lavender or peppermint ā€˜aroundā€™ (since peppermint is too strong for direct use there, for me). iā€™ve also gone a long time just using some of my homemade salves that only have herb-infused oil & beeswax, though thatā€™s not amazingly effective, only mildly so.

i donā€™t mind using essential oils, but since i donā€™t make them myself, my mind is always stretching for something i can produce on my own. maybe a peppermint or lavender or lemon balm triple-tincture, where multiple batches of the herb get infused back into the same alcohol.

iā€™d also just like to get back to a living situation where my natural smell is fine again. i donā€™t like worrying about being treated poorly Or upsetting people because i smell like a human animal.

2 Likes

Joan,
thanks for your thoughts!!! I would love to explore home made alternatives to essential oils, wild crafted / home grown ingredients would feel ideal. Also agree with the goal of getting to a place where other peopleā€™s opinions of my hygiene are less and less relevant to me. Iā€™ve made good progress with this in recent years, but am still not as ā€œfreeā€ as I would like to feel. Maybe for some of us it takes longer than others to ditch the baggage weā€™ve been saddled with over time.

1 Like