The Movie "10,000 BC"

Coming in March

From director Roland Emmerich comes a sweeping odyssey into a mythical age of prophesies and gods, when spirits rule the land and mighty mammoths shake the earth. In a remote mountain tribe, the young hunter, D’Leh (Steven Strait), has found his heart’s passion - the beautiful Evolet (Camilla Belle). When a band of mysterious warlords raid his village and kidnap Evolet, D’Leh is forced to lead a small group of hunters to pursue the warlords to the end of the world to save her. Driven by destiny, the unlikely band of warriors must battle saber-tooth tigers and prehistoric predators and, at their heroic journey’s end, they uncover a Lost Civilization. Their ultimate fate lies in an empire beyond imagination, where great pyramids reach into the skies. Here they will take their stand against a powerful god who has brutally enslaved their people.”

Featuring reasonably good special effects (some obvious and not particularly seamless CGI), and some of the hottest primitivist women (next to pennyscout of course) mankind has ever seen. :wink:

It actually looks kind of hokey…but I’m going to give it a chance.

Official website and trailer:

http://www.10000bcmovie.com/site/index.html?dl=

I saw it. I was more annoyed by the audience than the movie.

Everyone seemed to be having trouble realizing that this wasn’t Egypt. Hell, they weren’t even the design of the Egyptian pyramids, but people still complained Egypt didn’t have this, didn’t have that. The location actually doesn’t exist, although moving east to west from Iran to Jordan 12,000 years ago probably would have been pretty close. The raptors he used were extinct before humanity evolved. And of course the premise about bringing life was absurd to anyone who actually understands what happened. But, still not a bad movie all told.

• Benjamin Shender