Sowing seeds!

Give and take …replenish the earth from which you have taken sustinence…and if you can …for the future …SOW SEEDS !

…and what is to stop you from sowing seeds in your secret wild places …the woods…the overgrown grave yards…country lanes and footpaths …disused gardens and wasteland .

i love it. i used to try to get nettles to grow in the city parks in NYC so that i wouldn’t have to travel so far to get it.

guerrilla horticulture rocks!

I’m too lazy to find the story, but there was one guy in rural France who forested an entire valley single-handedly, over several decades. People were distracted by world wars and such rolling over the land, which allowed the forest to take hold uninhibited.

I’d like to do something like that, I must say.

[quote=“Kaliverdant, post:3, topic:290”]I’m too lazy to find the story, but there was one guy in rural France who forested an entire valley single-handedly, over several decades. People were distracted by world wars and such rolling over the land, which allowed the forest to take hold uninhibited.

I’d like to do something like that, I must say.[/quote]

I remember reading that. He collected acorns, filtered out the bad ones & the cracked ones, started oak saplings, then transplanted them. I’d kind of like to do something like this too. I think that’s one of the reasons permaculture and forest gardening appeal to me.

[quote=“Kaliverdant, post:3, topic:290”]I’m too lazy to find the story, but there was one guy in rural France who forested an entire valley single-handedly, over several decades. People were distracted by world wars and such rolling over the land, which allowed the forest to take hold uninhibited.

I’d like to do something like that, I must say.[/quote]

That just gets me right in the ‘ol ticker. snif. :’( I love hearing that kind of stuff. Awesome.