Seeds

btw, if anyone is interested, i have yucca & autumn olive seeds available

the yucca appear to have a long germination period

let’s trade then, for the pawpaw seeds. I’m going to throw in persimmons seeds with the package when I get around to it (sorry).

cool, PM me w/ your address and i’ll send off some of each

I have been planning on collecting seeds also. This coming spring season I am starting a mini-nursery and gardens on my parents’ property 30 miles east of Cincinnati, OH. They have 9 acres (mostly wooded, part of East Fork State Park) and an established, large garden plot, many fruit and nut trees, and another smaller garden plot which will be used for cultivating native berries, and other berries (it’s partially shaded, which is good for some berries). My project goals for this fall/winter is to learn of the local/native edible wild plants in this part of Ohio (and hopefully collect seeds), and incorporate them into my gardening plans, to allow for a more permaculture/foraging aspect of my garden. Also, those plants that I do grow for the garden will all be heirloom/organic and hopefully I will be able to find a lot of native species of herbs and medicinal flowers… I got my work cut out for me! yay!

-emily

I would love some autumn olive, jhereg. I’ll PM you with my address. I have some smooth sumac if you feel interested in a trade.