Say goodbye to Anthropik and "sgëno!" to Toby's People

http://anthropik.com/2008/03/end-of-the-trail/

The Tribe of Anthropik has reached the end of our trail.

Instead, we’ve transformed into Toby’s People.

Rewilding in western Pennsylvania? Drop us a line!

Goodbye Anthropik! At least some poopy pants guy got a last dig in at my brief article on e-primitive, before the gates close. the glory of anthropik! :slight_smile:

Oh, not to worry; E-Primitive will reign for two and a half months before Anthropik comes down. It’ll get plenty of play. :slight_smile:

:slight_smile:

I didn’t mean its playtime so much, as the sniping time. anthropik seems to get a fair share of snarky visitors, and I usually avoid them if i can by hiding out here or my blog. But there we go, now we’ve got my rantings hanging out for all to see and snipe at dismissively.

I have this feeling that when Toby’s People goes up you’ll filter out a lot of the less sociable types that made anthropik their sandpit.

Ah, well, yes, we do get that. Call it the flipside of internet success: we also get the trouble-makers and trolls. I probably aggravated that situation by fighting back. I don’t intend to crack down with the moderator’s whip, but I think I can help set a better tone for Toby’s People. Like Bourland suggests with E-Prime, or Daniel Quinn suggested when confronted with nay-sayers: don’t try to fight them, just force them to say what they actually mean. Most of the time, they’ll answer their own question. But I think that making a genuine attempt to understand even the nastiest troll can go a long way. I just tried it out with one of your snipers.

Jason,

Huh, I’ve read everything Quinn published and experienced more of his support and don’t remember him saying or supporting anything like this about how to treat new B. Where’d you get that, if you don’t mind my asking?

He offers that mostly in the Q&A responses he gives on ishmael.org, rather than any of his usual, published writings.

That’s a shame. I always thought it was a clever name.

Alright. Now I retire. Thank you. :slight_smile:

From now on: golf and games of bridge. Ah, the retired life. :slight_smile:

I have followed the writings of the tribe of
Anthropik with interest… I would like to meet likeminded persons residing in the W. Pa. area, as my circumstances now allow pursuit of my own liberation, no man is an island, etc. Anyone?