Rewilding in California?

Hello, all.

I ought to disclose this much before I say anything else: I’m not a rewilder, not at all. I’m an intern at a photography/fasion/lifestyle magazine headquartered in Hollywood. And I’m trying to develop an editorial idea to present at a creative meeting on Wednesday morning. Don’t hate me.

I’m sympathetic with your values, and if I managed to even pitch this idea, I would present the content in a way that validates your perspectives. In fact, one of the other people at the last creative meeting said something in the context of the discussion about how we all ought to develop a skill for the future: making candles, foraging, making adobe blocks, etc. I’ve decided to expand on that and one of my own ideas (talking to a group that opposes technology). So my interest, in short, is to meet with a group in California (I live in the L.A. area). Maybe we could put ourselves out in the wild, and you could teach me how to forage, maybe for a day or a weekend. You could say what’s important to you about rewilding and voice your thoughts on technology and the future. I understand that I could educate myself about edible plants and making tools and so on and then introduce myself into a forest, but that’s not an editorial. I want to represent you and your perspectives.

If anyone would be interested in meeting with me to discuss letting me join in on a not-yet-organized rewilding weekend in California, please call or e-mail me. My home number is: b 906-8214[/b]. My e-mail is: lets.be.everything@gmail.com. Although this issue isn’t planned to go to print until the summer, I need solid concepts as soon as possible. The next meeting is on Wednesday, and I want to be prepared.

Thanks for reading. I hope that someone will call me.

Jennifer