Rewild your pelvis - the health benefits of squatting

Great article at http://www.naturesplatform.com/health_benefits.html on the horrible destruction wrought upon us by the modern toilet.

Just when I think Iā€™ve identified every single way that civilization is toxicā€¦ Well, itā€™s fortunate that nobdy can watch me in the bathroom anyway, since Iā€™ll doubtless look silly squatting on top of the toilet from now on.

we need to reinvent the so called modern toiletā€¦ some will need a hand holdā€¦ in the wild while out and about it is the way ā€¦ glad I spend a lot of time in the wilderness. For other reasons as wellā€¦

The toilet seems to always be a taboo subject , funny as it is as natural as breathingā€¦

good postā€¦

Dude

Thatā€™s an awesome page, thanks for posting that Monica! Have you heard of the ā€œsquatty potty?ā€

The author of the article is not a fan of the squatty pottyā€“but then he is selling a competing product though his website. Still, I donā€™t get the impression he is selling his individually handmade squatting platforms to make lots of money.

BTW, I love that there are a few of us here actually ā€œbraveā€ enough to discuss this in a public forum. The modern toilet goes back to the Victorian era, and I guess it brings all that Victorian prudishness and repression along with it into our modern so-called-culture.

Ahaha, well, thereā€™s not much room to be squeamish in nature. Letting ā€œproperā€ Victorian morals get in the way of health and practicality isnā€™t something Iā€™d expect any serious primitivist to allow.

I love talking about poop and pooping so, this is the right crowd. :smiley:

Christmas day is my wifes birthday I got her a card that readā€¦ smile and the world smiles with you ā€¦ poop yer pants and you party aloneā€¦ she laughedā€¦

the book ā€œ:how to shit in the woodsā€ is a good readā€¦ but you really dont a book to tell how to do it ā€¦ you do what works naturallyā€¦ dont fall backwards. that is a ruleā€¦

Dude

People need to start adapting the traditional style toilets used in some places in Japan (made for squatting!):

http://www.japan-talk.com/jt/new/how-to-use-a-traditional-Japanese-toilet