Ready for the zombie apocalypse?

Hey everyone,

I wanted to mention this class I’ll be teaching in CT soon. It’s a crash course in long term survival, disaster preparedness, and self-sufficiency, with a bit of afterculture and wilderness skills thrown in. Since it’s the Halloween season, we’re calling it a Zombie Apocalypse Survival course. :slight_smile:

We're all worried about undead hordes driving us from our homes. Just this year the Center for Disease Control suggested that everyone keep an emergency bag ready in case you need to flee the zombies, or, you know, if a hurricane floods out your street.

Emergencies and disasters happen all the time, and they don’t all have to be the end of the world as we know it to be the end of your world. Between economic downturns, hurricanes like Irene, tornadoes, earthquakes, and just everyday emergencies like job loss, car accidents and breakdowns, and the occasional undead cannibal, everybody benefits from being prepared. Knowing skills and how to prepare supplies can even save you money, rather than be a financial drain.

Wilderness skills and survival instructor Daniel Quiray has been learning the ins and outs of survival skills and emergency preparation for over a decade, and combines his skills and knowledge of short and long term survival, preparedness, sustainable living, self-sufficiency, and afterculture to create a system that will allow you to live a resilient life and be capable of weathering emergencies up to and including the zombie apocalypse.

Hahaha, will there be scenarios in which you have to dress up like zombies?

Please, please, please make sure you take a least a few pictures and post them here!

My girlfriend Sarah just sent me this link. You should tell your participants you are training them for it!

http://runforyourlives.com/info/how-it-works/

I am hoping to have a zombies vs. humans paintball game at the end. :slight_smile:

Someone I know (who I met at the Tracker School) is also teaching a “surviving the zombie apocalypse” course, with zombie actors, staged scenarios, and everything, in San Antonio, Texas. I can’t remember the name of his school, but if anyone is interested, I can get you his contact info (if an internet search doesn’t work).

Those courses sound like a lot of fun!

By the way, anyone here watch The Walking Dead? I just tore through season one and thought it was fucking amazing. Hoping season two is as good as season one.

Apparently episode 1 of the new season kicked much ass.

Personally, I find discussions of The Walking Dead perfectly on topic when discussing ZA (Zombie Apocalypse) survival strategies. Also, I believe I am uniquely qualified because on the facebook quiz, I lived a whole year after the ZA only to die on my own forgotten landmine, but not before becoming somewhat of a local legend. So I would be happy to accept everyone’s money to help them do the same.

Yes I’m tired and could really use a little more caffeine. Just come to my new digs in central NC and sign me up for the course, if you please. There are woods near.