R. Buckminster Fuller

I like Bucky Fuller. Or at least, I think I would have liked him if I had ever met him. The guy never quite got around to looking at agriculture or technology in a critical light, but he certainly contributed some ideas to the world that were eye-opening at the time (he was one of the first people to start asking questions about our society’s relationship to the Earth).

So with that in mind, I’d like to share this quote from one of his speeches, which is one of my very favorite quotes of all time (and I have a lot of favorites! I am a quotation connoisseur. :))

"When I am working on a problem I never think about beauty. I only think about how to solve the problem. But when I have finished, if the solution is not beautiful, I know it is wrong."

One of my favourite bucky quotes is “You can never change anything by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete.”

Very appropriate for rewilding.

Beautiful. There is something about Bucky that makes me feel at peace. :slight_smile: He just seems to get to the heart of things, you know?

My college roommate used to call me “Beckmeister” (I went by Becky in those days) and soon it morphed into “Beckmeister Fuller.” I wore the moniker with a mix of humility and pride.

Speaking of quotes, I read a great one today by Frank Lloyd Wright: “I believe in God, only I spell it Nature.”

The quote:

– up to the twentieth century, “reality” was everything humans could touch, smell, see, and hear. Since the initial publication of the chart of the electromagnetic spectrum … humans have learned that what they can touch, smell, see, and hear is less than one-millionth of reality. –

I kept in mind as I gradually began to discover the truth of the numerous numinous. It would make for a decent shred of thought to propound “the great mystery” to a scientist using something from their territory - you don’t know, you cannot know, we simply do not have the equipment.

I think I first heard it in a not popular song by a pop group… that i canot listen anymore because it goes to fast for me to sing along. heh.he.h. :slight_smile: