Primitive Skills and Permaculture
Meet-up and Skillshare
Seward Park, Seattle, South of the Learning Center
January 17th, Saturday 10am-2pm
Free event, donations happily accepted.

Primitive skills(prehistoric handicrafts and pre-industrial technology),
meets Permaculture (design for sustainable human habitats) and yields an
abundant event full of things to learn.
Wildcrafting, growing food, shelter/tools, appropriate technologies, etc.

Bring materials, kids, snacks for lunch, and interest.

What projects would you like to see? Which of your skills should your bring? Share your thoughts.

More info available on seattlepermacultureguild (http://seattlepermacultureguild.org/wiki/wiki.php?n=Main.Skillshare)
Or permies.com (http://www.permies.com/bb/index.php?topic=1071.msg6560#msg6560)
Sign in and add your own, OR if you don’t want to sign in email me your projects, kelda@riseup.net 253-370-9946

Kelda: guerilla grafting

Jason: fire-starting

Morgan: making bike panniers from buckets

A request from Dan:I am curious about clothing fabrication… especially shoes…

Some thoughts from Steve:
*Whole tree architecture - I am curious about how local native indians may have started out designing a long house. My theory is that maybe if a tree fell in a storm and it ended up proped up at one end all you would have to do is lay some rafter of small poles, some cedar bark roofing and wolla!
*Learn about how to identify and cultivate wild edible plants, much like I am told that native americans did with camas.
*mushroom identification
*staying warm in a winter climate - ie: burning things, having a bed partner, fur clothing etc…
*food preservation - drying, pickleing - not sure what would be considered primitive, although “living food on the hoof” sounds like the natural way to preserve meat.

I just got an email that the local Food Not Bombs folks will come to feed us!

They’re going to be busy cooking for the first part of the skillshare and then show up with “Possibly
just some Mighty-O doughnuts, bread, and a type of soup.”

Thank you Food Not Bombs! You guys are so awesome!

How strange… I do Seattle FNB and I didn’t hear anything about catering a skill share. But I’ll make sure I say “thanks” for you when I find out who brought the food!

Thanks for putting on a skill share. I wish I could have been there. If I weren’t such an absentee around here I would have known about it sooner. I hope everyone learned a lot and had a great time.