Open Space Technology

Anyone attended an Open Space before?

http://www.openspaceworld.org/

i have. i’ve run 'em. :slight_smile:

Anyone attended an Open Space before?

I haven’t. But the concept has always fascinated me since first reading about it over at IshCon. I’ve always wanted to start some kind of nature awareness school or mentoring program in my area but I wasn’t comfortable with calling it a program or school. I don’t want to try to come across as some kind of expert with all the answers, or take on a guru like status. I may have found a way around this by “holding space” for themes like: nature awareness, tracking, and defining the problems with civilization. Thank you for sharing this.

So, what does it take to become an effective facilitator to an Open Space gathering?

Take care,

Curt

[quote=“Huby7, post:3, topic:195”]So, what does it take to become an effective facilitator to an Open Space gathering?

Take care,

Curt[/quote]

It works best if you can actually go to an open space gathering and ask to help out/apprentice with the facilitator. In the second best scenario, just buy the book “Open Space Technology: A User’s Guide” and start having gatherings and making mistakes! You can always seek support/get questions answered via internet from people like me.

good luck with that. :slight_smile:

It works best if you can actually go to an open space gathering and ask to help out/apprentice with the facilitator. In the second best scenario, just buy the book "Open Space Technology: A User's Guide" and start having gatherings and making mistakes! You can always seek support/get questions answered via internet from people like me.

Thank you for the advice, Willem.

Curt