Need a design or artwork for your rewilding project?

i’m offering my drawing skills out for anything related to rewilding (free of charge, of course). if you have any ideas, let me know. i’d be glad to help out.

here are some examples of what i do:

:slight_smile:

1 Like

your a very talented artist,i like how you give trees eyes and make there faces come out.i have a community garden I started to bring back the natives to my area and create a place 4 anti-civ people to meet,well 3 of us are rewilders,the rest a bit civilzed but ive been wanting to create some art for the garden,like a feral logo,its called the Dirt First garden,would you be down to draw up some art…talk to you soon! :slight_smile:

The Fifth World definitely needs artists!

http://thefifthworld.com

We’re trying to create an open source, shared setting, envisioning the world 400 years from now, a rewilded world. Inspired in large part by Michael Green’s Afterculture project. We especially want copyleft, Creative Commons-licensed illustrations, so anything you can contribute will be most appreciated!

I like your drawings…very cool…

Yeah it looks pretty fucking awesome!

You know, we’ve need a “tag” for a while. A symbol we can all get behind and recognize as a unified movement. Whether we’re building, tearing down, educating, philosophizing, or breaking spiritual barriers. A call, like the anarchist A or “Remember the Alamo” or “One for the Thumb” or “I hate going to work.” You know, something that everyone in the group can look at and understand they aren’t alone.

It’ll need to be simple enough to be copied, but meaningful.

Give it a shot…if you dare.

[quote=“Hypnopompia, post:6, topic:1362”]You know, we’ve need a “tag” for a while. A symbol we can all get behind and recognize as a unified movement. Whether we’re building, tearing down, educating, philosophizing, or breaking spiritual barriers. A call, like the anarchist A or “Remember the Alamo” or “One for the Thumb” or “I hate going to work.” You know, something that everyone in the group can look at and understand they aren’t alone.

It’ll need to be simple enough to be copied, but meaningful.

Give it a shot…if you dare.[/quote]

yeah, i’ve been thinking about that. i was wondering what could possibly symbolize the whole of rewilding in one simple little design. i think rewilding
means a lot of things to a lot of different people. but what’s at the base of it all? i’d say rewilding is a journey towards rekindling relationships with our other-than-human relations and each other, basically the finding and strengthening of community inside and out of human circles. being one with the all… or something like that. but i think there’s also a bit of a militant aspect to it. after all, if you recognize yourself as part of a community, you’ll probably also feel a responsibility for defending it, and right now there’s a lot to defend. and i think it’s important to remember that rewilding isn’t only a human concept. anything that’s been debilitated or damaged by civ that’s not quite fully wild anymore is trying to rewild. even chihuahuas will rewild, given the chance. so maybe incorporate that into the design, that not counting only humans, the rewilding force is really quite huge.

maybe we should have some sort of symbol jam or something. we can all participate and work off of each others designs and ideas and see what we come up with. i dunno.

[quote=“jason, post:3, topic:1362”]The Fifth World definitely needs artists!

http://thefifthworld.com

We’re trying to create an open source, shared setting, envisioning the world 400 years from now, a rewilded world. Inspired in large part by Michael Green’s Afterculture project. We especially want copyleft, Creative Commons-licensed illustrations, so anything you can contribute will be most appreciated![/quote]

thanks jason.
sounds awesome
i’ll check it out for sure.

yeah, i’d definitely be down. do you have any idea of what you might want in your design? maybe a big fist clenching a handful of dirt with worms and stuff coming out of it (kind of playing off the earth first! logo)?

thanks for the compliments, green and timeless! ;D

[quote=“thunder thighs, post:7, topic:1362”]yeah, i’ve been thinking about that. i was wondering what could possibly symbolize the whole of rewilding in one simple little design. i think rewilding
means a lot of things to a lot of different people. but what’s at the base of it all? i’d say rewilding is a journey towards rekindling relationships with our other-than-human relations and each other, basically the finding and strengthening of community inside and out of human circles. being one with the all… or something like that. but i think there’s also a bit of a militant aspect to it. after all, if you recognize yourself as part of a community, you’ll probably also feel a responsibility for defending it, and right now there’s a lot to defend. and i think it’s important to remember that rewilding isn’t only a human concept. anything that’s been debilitated or damaged by civ that’s not quite fully wild anymore is trying to rewild. even chihuahuas will rewild, given the chance. so maybe incorporate that into the design, that not counting only humans, the rewilding force is really quite huge.

maybe we should have some sort of symbol jam or something. we can all participate and work off of each others designs and ideas and see what we come up with. i dunno.[/quote]

Start with a circle. Unity, the sun, cycles, infinity.

Then add line work to make the symbol recognizable. Look at common symbols for common projects, like leave no trace, recycling, etc. The ones we all are more or less behind, even when we don’t think highly of the execution.

Ok, let’s get everyone and the stuff together. Three, two, one, let’s jam!

alright, here’s some (very) rough sketches. they are in no way complete, just ideas. i used hypnopompias circle idea to represent the “circle of life” we are all a part of. the human hands are rooted in it to show how we are a physical expression of the great circle (i was thinking of the ELF saying “we are the burning rage of this dieing planet”). the chain, of course, represents civilization and while it binds the circle, it also binds us, since we are a part of the circle. under the hands are urban scouts words “rewild or die”.

and here’s a different version where the hand is holding a primitive axe. i don’t like this idea as much as the one with just the two hands, but i thought i’d post it anyways.

i got a little carried away with the root system :-.

let me know what you guys think!

even if it’s not for the “official” rewilding emblem, or whatever, it’s still fun to see how people view rewilding in terms of signs like these. i think you can express complicated thoughts and emotions through art that you wouldn’t be able to express otherwise, especially through the written word, or at least present a whole slew of messages in a much more concise way. there have been times when people have asked me to explain rewilding and i have all these visual pictures in my head that i couldn’t possibly express in a short sentence. art helps me express things like this that i might not be able to otherwise.

anyone else have something?

I, too, prefer the one w/ 2 hands, but I really, really like how the root system so obviously forms the circle on the axe one.

I mean, really, I can’t think of a more accurate view. It all starts w/ roots…