Lungwort (the lichen not the perennial)

Anybody know anything about lungwort lichen as medicine? In all my digging, I only came up with a few vague references to use for lung infections/pneumonia, but no specifics. Also a couple of references to use as a dye, but I can’t remember the color now–I had medicine on the mind.

I have a tincture brewing from a recent trip to the Molalla river.

I wonder, since it’s got the lung signature, if this plant has anything to offer grievers?

i use Lungwort (Lobaria pulmonaria) for lung conditions. It acts as a restorative to the lungs (yin) but also as an expectorant that resolves dampness/mucous. energetically it is more cooling and soothing to the lungs so is more indicated for heat related conditions. however, it can be used for cold-damp conditions, but i would combine it with other more specific herbs. it is apparently useful for related (sinus/lung/upper back/head/neck) pain (never used it for that)

as far as being used for grief i would say sure… especially if there is an underlying lung yin def.

During a time in my life when I felt quite suicidal, I received the plant name ‘Lungwort’ from a ceremony. At the time I don’t think anybody knew what that meant, but since then I’ve learned about Lung chi as expressing grief. I never connected the two until you posted this question just now.

I even forgot that I received that name. Creepy. Fortunately, Lungwort reached out to me instead of Water Hemlock, which would have sent me off on a very different direction.

I wonder if Lungwort wanted to save my life and help me to heal.

I’ll go sit in the grief and praise area for a while now. What memories.

Willem–whoa. Intense. Holy Smokes.

Skalopsky–so do you use tea, or tincture, or both/either, or some other prep?

decoction.

sometimes it’s prepared with milk and sometimes it’s even turned into hot chocolate. this would obviously be for more of a yin def/dryness/heat condition. not for cold-damp.