Live Free or Die Hard - Derrick Jensen's wet dream?

So this is another romp-and-stomp action movie (which I love). And it was actually a good flick. But I couldn’t help thinking all the way through “Holy shit, holy shit, this is it. This is what it looks like.”

Basically, a bunch of super savvy techies use the internet to initiate a Fire Sale (scroll down), by which they mean to totally pwn the U.S. and everything in it. They shut down power, mess up transportation/ logistics, steal a bunch of financial data, etc.

Of course, I suppose they couldn’t get too radical. The motivation of the villian was supposed good (here’s what can happen, you can fix it), and for money. But it would have been sweeter if he actually wanted to fuck shit up.

Anywho, anyone here have sick fantasies about burning it all down? How might you go about it?

Anywho, anyone here have sick fantasies about burning it all down? How might you go about it?

I don’t think of them as “sick.” Unless you meant sick as in sweet, dude.

But yeah, anyone stupid enough to tell (on an online forum) how they “might” do it won’t accomplish much. :wink:

Though they figured out a pretty sweet way of discussing this topic over at the Derrick Jensen forum. I try to avoid them altogether personally. I’m not interested in that sort of thing. My work lies in the rewilding end of things for now.

snip

Indeed.