Intentional Community

Anyone interested in starting an intentional Rewilding community.

Sounds intriguing, but I’d need more details. Do you mean in-person or another online, virtual community like this forum?

Yeah, I mean in real life. Finding a location. Starting a community which tries to Rewild; or, my personal opinion is that it would be best to try to reconcile our evolution with technology. Perhaps some kind of tiny house community or something… Community is an essential component of a healthy individual. Like much of modern society, community today has become corrupted.

1 Like

It is what I look for. It will need to be with others thinking alike in things, who can live with each other, with commitment to their community for it to continue working, the way communities of humans have worked before. It will need to be separate enough from civilization to become independent of it, after some transition time which should be minimal. And it will need to be with those in it seeking the full sustainable way of living that they can happily live with, valuing that which would involve simplicity in living apart from civilization, much more in harmony with natural environments without harm to them. It will need those seeking it together to be in communication with one another.

The issues from civilization in this world are very serious, with those in it having excess in living that becomes expected that we don’t really have to have, while the natural world is severely compromised from that.

It is something I have considered and is something I am interested in. However, I am wary of committing to something that might fall apart. Details would be needed to understand how the group intends to handle conflict both within the group and with the outside world.

So it is that those that would pursue that should already be in communication together, to learn from each other, to know what is planned, that can be worked for, knowing the others through the communication, with finding opportunity at some time to meet with one another. We have priveleged luxury with these things to come to being in community, that many generations of people didn’t have, to be in the communities they were in without so much choice, and it worked well for humanity generally all that time. Our issues that distinguish us are the different expectations we have, from having different backgrounds, but people can live together so we can find some that we can find ways that we can live with in such community.

Well, for as a start, perhaps trying to organize a whole miniature society apart from mainstream, regular society is too big of a step. I was thinking merely something like finding some land to start a community/ neighbourhood of Rewildiers, something like a Tiny-house community for example. See, I want to live outside the city, but doing this without community will be extremely isolating and lonely. And perhaps others feel the same in this.

I see the sense in a community apart from civilization with sustainability starting on a small scale. I think it would be significantly less than twenty persons first coming onto the land for this at first, and there would surely be a number of steps first before they do this with being ready for it, with knowing their common goals, with approaches for that understood among those persons, and it would not grow to very much more than that for sustainable ways in the one place.

I still don’t have any in communication for a community together with me of all those who are in communication even with this subject brought up. It is an issue of having those like-minded enough for it, even though I use other sites and media for it. And I need the progress to this.

I am extremely interested in this idea although I would much rather build my own tiny home than to have bought one. Where would this be located and how far from civilization? I myself cannot stand the way of this world anymore and just being within the city feels so toxic. Me and my wife would join but as the previous poster had said, I’d need more details.

I need others for willingly being involved with me for group pursuit of this. What I envision, a sustainable way as alternative to continue and encourage others to this, I cannot do by myself. Any who can be interested can communicate to work toward joining for that. If not here others ways of being in communication together, such as with email, might be used for it. It would be where we may have consensus for it, surely away from cities of civilization as far as it can be managed.

Sustainable life is going to require quite a bit of land for agricultural needs, raising livestock, and the building or placing of homes. Near a freshwater stream for drinking/cooking/building needs. As much as you may dislike the idea, you could take a set amount of what you grow and produce to a market and sell your goods and wares. This money then be used for things you can’t grow or fabricate. Such as first aid items and in case something catastrophic happened, like a fire destroying everything you have built. A quick fix if you will. I’m 100 percent ok with being away from society. It’s poisonous, corrupt, and depressing. We can communicate through email if you would like to really hash out some details, my email is d.newton520@gmail.com …I’m going to live a more primitive lifestyle for my own sanity. I am not wired the way others are, and I can’t stand the nonsense of the world as it is. As for following some “blueprint” of rewilding rules or trying to lessen my impact on the planet, these things don’t concern me. Being free to live is what matters to me. I just want to stop surviving and start living.

Email can work, still if we have more willing to be in contact for it, and willing to use email, it is desirable for a community for this, and email group communication would be better for that. I will contact you soon, using the name Frank Truth, with my email. You would not be the only one really wanting to get away from civilization, and have more primitive living. The issues that there are with civilization are real, and it cannot go on. Wildlife is rapidly disappearing, from civilization’s use of animal agriculture, fish are diminishing in oceans from fishing, and resources will be used up, and ultimately infrastructures will collapse. We want a sustainable way in which we can continue. I agree we would need to be by an adequate water source. We might take things from civilization with us, but we just have to learn to be independent from civilization, to go on. So besides foraging, we really do need to be growing things, for produce we will use and materials that would be needed. Independence can be approached with it being for subsistence. Anything else is a personal choice beyond that but likely won’t be as sustainable.

Hi, I am generally interested. But I guess you guys are situated somewhere in US, right?
I live in Germany at the moment, male and 25.

Hi, sunbather. I am a kind of sunbather as well. Yes, I am in the US, and anticipated doing something for independent sustainable living with others I hoped to find somewhere around this region, though I know some here who would pursue something like this think it better to pursue it elsewhere, such as in some place in Latin America. For what it is worth, a long time ago I spent some time in Germany and am able to speak a bit of German.

Greetings Sunbather,

Maybe you can find some like-minded people in your area through this network. Good luck!

Hi Anneke, thank you for this link, it’s really helpful! Maybe I just should get a job and use the money to do a bunch of courses like that. Could be a good first step.