Imagine

Imagine a place where you control your own destiny and form of living without one looking over you all the time.

Imagine a world where everything is at your disposal instead of yourself being constantly disposed to others in chains.

Imagine a world without restraint where there is beauty to be found in everything or where people strive together to survive through both the good and extremes times that present themselves growing together in their individual relationships stronger each day.

Imagine living every moment, breath and movement of life on your own time without ever having to set eyes on a clock.

What is stopping you from living that life?

Fear and lack of preparation.

Imagine a world where there was no guide on how to live.

Imagine not knowing how to use the abundance around you to care for yourself. Imagine starving because you don’t know how to feed yourself.

Imagine being unable to find people who will support you. Imagine relationships growing weaker as you struggle against bonds others don’t even see.

Imagine your time cut short because you aren’t prepared.

This is what’s stopping me from living that life.

Well, that and the cops.

[quote=“Andrew Jensen, post:2, topic:360”]Fear and lack of preparation.

Imagine not knowing how to use the abundance around you to care for yourself. Imagine starving because you don’t know how to feed yourself.

Imagine being unable to find people who will support you. Imagine relationships growing weaker as you struggle against bonds others don’t even see.

Imagine your time cut short because you aren’t prepared.

This is what’s stopping me from living that life.

Well, that and the cops.[/quote]

Fear

Kill your fear.

Read survival guides and join a hunting club to learn.

Imagine not knowing how to use the abundance around you to care for yourself. Imagine starving because you don't know how to feed yourself.

Same as above. Also do some practicing while you remain in civilized society before you actually do the real thing.

( That is what I am doing currently.)

Imagine being unable to find people who will support you. Imagine relationships growing weaker as you struggle against bonds others don't even see.

Save up money for your own expedition. Find friends and lovers of the same view points who will be by your side.

Imagine your time cut short because you aren't prepared.

It is possible… The object is to study and practice before you go out in retreating into the wilderness.

Well, that and the cops.

Cops don’t patrol wildernesses or forests. I have not seen one bear in handcuffs as of yet. :wink:

At best you will get a grumpy forest ranger ,but what are they going to do beyond scolding?

Call the cops?

Well, I don’t know about the NW, but here in OH, rangers are legitimate law enforment officers, in other words, they can do the same things that regular cops can do.

They’re a valid concern. Not a showstopper, but a valid concern…

I think Jason over at Anthropik has already coverd the aspects of why this issue is not so simple. I recommend you read his post “Where Have All the Savages Gone?”.

I think if things were that simple, there would be alot less of us on the internet right now.

lol

Amen, brotha! Sing it! ;D

[quote=“jhereg, post:5, topic:360”][quote author=TheJoker link=topic=383.msg3908#msg3908 date=1187647847]
At best you will get a grumpy forest ranger ,but what are they going to do beyond scolding?
[/quote]

Well, I don’t know about the NW, but here in OH, rangers are legitimate law enforment officers, in other words, they can do the same things that regular cops can do.

They’re a valid concern. Not a showstopper, but a valid concern…[/quote]
Actually, all rangers are law enforecemnet officers. Backcountry rangers are required to carry a thirty cal revolver. In fact 90% of rangers are required to carry some form of a defense (Offennce) weapon. Not how I say weapon not tool. I know that many simply ignore it, simply becasue carrying a loaded revolver makes you hard to approach.