Ideas for Post Apocalyptic Short Film "Fest"

from Urban Scout’s MySpace bulletin:

Hey peeps. Do you have a short video/film you made with an apocalyptic theme? (Zombies, Oil, Disease, War, etc. etc. etc.)

By short I mean, under 5 minutes?

I’m going to include a 30 minute screening of apocalyptic themed film shorts to this years annual Nuclear Winter Formal.

If you have a film or know someone who does. Message me. This ain’t no big film fest thingy with entry money and prizes and shit. This is fucking free to enter and I am the only judge and the only credit is street creds, yo. Love it or leave it.

So do this shit. The formal happens on January 26th this year. So do this shit soon pleez. I want all the tapes in by Jan 1st cause I get all stressed out and worry my ass off if it ain’t done by the wire.

Scout

I want to make a short film for this and was wondering if I might get a few ideas! I have a friend that has a fancy video camera and editing capabilities, so this is a project that we could work on from now through December! Any ideas? I just saw this today, so haven’t thought about it much, so I will post my ideas here as they come to me! It would be cool if this were a video developed by us here on ReWild! And maybe some people around here could star in it?! This could be FUN!

-emily

This will be hella fun yo. Seriously. check out the NWF site:

http://www.mythmedia.org/community

Thanks for posting this Emily.

Excellente idea Emily! Also thinking about making one of these here short films based on Orange County. Ya’ll have heard of the show right? Well we’ll see what we can think of here and send that video by Jan.1 This is out of routine since i enjoy travelling to Chiapas for the new years celebration…the ski-masked indigenous compas there really know how to throw a party!! Music and dancing all night long under the stars, i love it.
There’s always someone there to relate to, for example, 3 years ago i met someone making bows and arrows from native plants/woods, and a zapatista medicine man told us to visit him to learn about “herbolaria”, oooh but what i really want to learn there is “hueseria” or “bone-therapy” which is massage therapy put simply.

i’m looking forward to the short videos. maybe we can post them on Urban Scouts blog also?

nice repurposing in the avian flu video–hot tub cistern!