Hotel Survival lol

HEHEH, this made me laf soo hard! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=npY9fmmM0x4&feature=user
A spoof of Bear Gryls (or however you spell it)

Pretty cute clip!

Never heard of this Bear Gryls show. Would you say it’s useful, or just kinda sensationalistic like Crocodile Hunter?

Bear is a guy who had(has?) a show in the UK supposedly about how to survive and get back to civilization when you are stranded alone in wilderness (various wildernesses). However, he and the show have been critisized for wildly innacurate, and potentially life-threatening advise.
My favorite is that he keeps telling you that protien is importent and vitamin C is Sooo important, even though it could take 2 or more weeks to be protein-deficient and months to years to be low on vit.C. Most of his stuff is worse than usefull. Check out some of the show clips on the youtube (the show is “man vs. wild”) ::).

That is really funny, so awesome :). Towels are actually really useful though, cushion, bandage, keep the sun off, method for collecting dew, padding, yay international towel day! :slight_smile:

Anyway, vitamin c is good for the immune system, though I could see how it might not be one’s first priority.

think his show is still running.

mostly it’s sensationalistic. from the little that i’ve seen, i’d say it’s occasionally useful. lot better ways of learning about survival tho’