Help needed

i’m in a heated discussion on civ versus rewilding right now.
can anyone give me some credible sources that show the quality of life is much higher for uncivilized wild peoples than civilized people?

http://anthropik.com/2007/05/the-savages-are-truly-noble/

The Paleo Diet by Loren Cordain is a good resource concerning the nutritional advantages of hunting and gathering.

yep. already used that one. thanks.

thanks.

this looks good. just have to read it myself first.

If you can find a copy of Against Civilization, look through it. I remember reading some essays in it that defended hunter-gatherer quality of life.

Actually, let me go get it off the shelf and list the essays:
Arnold DeVries, Primitive Man and His Food, 1952 (you have to scroll down a ways)
Marshall Sahlins, The Original Affluent Society, 1968
Marvin Harris, Life Without Chiefs, 1989 (on social stability & equality/health of community)
Mark Nathan Cohen, Health and the Rise of Civilization, 1989

There is also the book “Wild Health” by Cindy Engel that shows just exactly how healthy one can keep oneself (if we learn from animals), when one has adequate access to nature’s bounty, that is.

Also, for an indictment of the psychological ills of civilization, try My Name is Chellis and I’m in Recovery from Western Civilization as well as this essay by Glenn Parton called The Machine in Our Heads.

Check out “The Technological Society” by Jacques Ellul. It’s more of a scholarly book, and a bit dry in many areas but if you can get through those parts it’s the most accurate depiction of our times vis-a-vis the paleolithic IMHO, compared to any other book I’ve read. He doesn’t suggest going back to h-g life and he’s non-biased which is something I haven’t found in a lot of authors, anyways one of the best reads for people wishing to understand our social situation.