Happy spring equinox!

Anybody doing anything to celebrate?
I’m going camping but not 'til Thursday. The sun, I’m sure, will conform to my schedule.

back at you, penny!

i’m going to try to light a bowdrill fire. and then i’m going to light a cigarette off my fire (yeah i’m stealing your idea peter. it’s a good one.)

camping sounds wonderful. i should try to get out to one of the state parks and see what’s sprouting.

My spring equinox came like a month ago, but I also go by ours as well. I’ve already begun to take pictures of new blossoms and sprouts, tap the maples and birches, build shelters, find sprouts, get the last remaining willow branches for basket weaving, suck down suculents, have my schedule become a little screwy because of the longer day’s of sunlight, and be outside all day with just camo hoody and wool slacks for major clothing from cold and wind. Spring equinox doesn’t give me motivation to do something special that I wouldn’t normally do during this time of the year now that I’m not into killing time. Thanks…have fun camp’n.

I getcha eric. I didn’t think about it that way but, it’s actually about on time here. I just saw the first chipmunk yesterday and it’s only been a week since I saw the first robin, heard the first thunderstorm, and experienced the first t-shirt weather.

this was the sight shortly after sunset. The crescent moon and venus(?) directly above the spot where the sun set. the cell tower and hedgehog hill, black.

we marked the spot where the sun hit on the wall

an awesome event.
Thanks for calling me Penny Scout!

the robins around here never leave during winter. Last year I thought they did, but this year I’ve seen them all winter log. GLOBAL WARMING?

Yeah, I noticed that too. Last year, there was definitely a period of time where the robins were gone, but it wasn’t nearly as long as usual. This year they were here all winter.

AWESOME picture, Observed. Thank you for sharing. I think we must have been watching the same moon at the same time. We were riding in the car and started talking about how we could see the edging of the full moon in the night, and also about the single star (Venus?) shining above the moon.
Snowflower

WOW A YEAR! Sorry for crazy bump, didn’t think it worth to make a new thread

My grove is having an Eostre celebration tomorrow night, complete with ritual fire, libations, and a pot-luck. If anyone near RI wants to come, drop me a line.

Sunday is Easter with my parents, siblings, and nephew. Having a Catholic family makes it easy to celebrate some heathen traditions with them.

Wow, ai totally missed it. By one day. Ai totally thought it was on the 21st for some reason :-. Well anyway, last night ai went on a spiritual journey ala Salvia divinorum, so ai guess ai did something. :stuck_out_tongue:

full moon tonight