Global Moderators

What purpose does a global moderator have here? What can they do here that I as a regular can’t do?

Moderators can lock, move and rename threads. They can edit anyone’s posts the same way you can edit your own. (A privilege that I use solely for fixing borked code.)

In terms of policing each other, of course, anyone can request another member to act a certain way–like asking someone to refrain from abusive language or to stay on topic or to post something in a more appropriate board.

But mods and admins have the privilege (via the forum program) to do something practical in those situations like ban a user, lock a thread, move a thread, etc.

What does borked code mean? I ask because I donno.

borked means screwed up. so borked code would mean someone making a typo in their tags or not knowing how to use the bbc code.

for example, if someone wanted to make a word italicized, and they used the html tag instead of the bbc code [nobbc][i][/nobbc], then i would go in and fix it for them with my admin/moderator rights.

or sometimes people leave the / out of the end tag or open up a tag and then forget to close it, or accidentally erase one of the brackets from a tag. i try to fix those things as i see them.