Getting a cook stove!

I found a cook stove online that I wanted to buy and had finally decided that I’d save enough money so we could get it. So I got back online and couldn’t find my bookmarked website, so put the name into the search engine again and happened across a classified ad that had been placed in one of those small freebie classified sites - placed just this past week.

He is selling the exact stove I want for half the price. He won’t ship and is 700 miles from here. So tomorrow morning, we’re getting in the truck, pulling a trailer and heading to New Mexico to pick up the cook stove of my dreams. It will cost as much to drive there as shipping the new one would have cost.

Here’s the URL if you want to see a picture:
http://www.transoceanltd.com/appliances/stoves/bigbear.html

Snowflower

That’s an awesome stove! Do they make miniture ones for miniture people living in miniture tipis? Haha. One can dream right?

Sorry I haven’t written since we got back - until today. We went to New Mexico, got the stove, came back, no issues. It is a great stove, Peter. I am delighted. My husband isn’t quite as delighted, because now we have to tear out the hearth that he built in the cabin to put the stove on the floor. The other stove was sitting higher, to make it nice to have a fireplace fire in front of our bed. We have a wall bed that folds up into the wall during the day, and comes down and is right in front of the stove at night. I’m planning to look at the possibility of putting a little tiny stove in instead, and keeping the hearth higher just under that stove, so we can still have our fireplace - that little stove has a glass front and could easily be opened up with a screen in front too.

Things are looking up on the mountain - we can drive in and out again, so the very expensive snowmobile is sitting there useless- ah, but wait until next winter, lol. And - it might still be useful this spring. One never knows until about June that it isn’t going to snow anymore.

Snowflower

http://bushbuddy.ca/indexs.html

if you get creative you can make one of these out of tin cans