Flax

so i am going to buy some flaxseed tomorrow and plant it in the yard and in pots. i’d like to harvest it for cordage and food. anyone with any experience in this? i know agriculture sucks but i can’t see myself picking all the iris leaves around here. there just aren’t enough.

you mentioned yuccas in your yard in another post. they’re great for cordage too.

fabulous, actually. also, extremely hardy with 0 maintenance, flax on the other hand… not so much.

yeah the yuccas make great cordage. your wiki page is excellent. i am specifically looking to grow my own bowstrings. yucca fiber tends to be too brittle from what i hear and from my own lil experiments.
flax linen i hear is the bomb for bowstrings. planted the seeds today. we’ll see

aha. the true meaning behind the movement of the animal hands (!) comes clear.

good luck. i’m sure your flax-brothers will love you for the afterlife you’ll give them.

You don’t need to worry about agriculture; what you’re doing is horticulture, and most current non-civilized societies practice horticulture. If practiced properly, horticulture is a sustainable way of living.

Agriculture (farming/animal husbandry) doesn’t mean one thing. Agriculture has several “sub” names that people rarely speak of, we’d like that to change. The several “sub” names follow: Full-time agriculture (totolitarian agriculture; unsustainable agriculture which leads to self-extinction and purposeful extinction to neighbors in the community of life), part-time agriculture (partially sustainable), and no-time agriculture (100% sustainable; some people call it hunting and gathering and not agriculture at all).

If we do horticulture full time we will enact the same role of the full-time agriculturist. Horticulture (gardening/cultivation) has a part of tilling and landscaping and looks like a part of agriculture (animal husbandry/farming) and if done full time it leads to unsustainablity, self-extinction, and purposeful extinction to neighbors in the community of life.