European Wild Moon from Jan 3rd to 17th in southern Norway

I am really happy to share, that there is a two-week native living experience similiar to the Wild Moon program offered by Teaching Drum in Europe!

Six people who attended the 11-month Wilderness Guide program at Teaching Drum ( www.teachingdrum.org ) in Wisconsin, USA, are organizing it.

The Website is http://www.freewebs.com/northern-clan
e-mail contact: wild_moon@ymail.com

They limited the number of participants to 6. There is one space left at the moment.

The costs are 400 EUR, which as far as I now, cover only the logistics and travel expenses of the organizers and not a gain for them.

I will definitely take part. My long term vision at the moment is to create a European equivalent of Teaching Drum in the long run. The organizers share this vision too, so I am happy to get the chance to meet them in such a great experience.

Greetings,
Boris

Hi Boris

I’m exited about this too. But I’ve just scaned http://www.freewebs.com/northern-clan and it said they require there aplications in for the 5th Dec. Also I’m not experienced with or have the equipment for dealing with that sort of cold, but I can upgrade. I can make the dates and pay the money so I’ll see what happens.
Rob

I talked with Armin on the phone yesterday. The website is not up to date. It’s still possible to sign up.

The equipment list is included in the Information packet you get, when you sign up. I guess it’s no problem to post it here:

Clothing/sleeping gear:

• 2 Sets long underwear
  • Heavy winter coat
  • At least 2 pairs of (thick) wool socks
  • One pair of light wool pants
  • One pair of heavy winter pants (to fit over light pants)
  • Two light wool shirts or equivalent
  • Two heavy wool shirts
  • One light face scarf or neck tube
  • One heavy wool or fur cap with ear flaps
  • One pair of leather choppers with wool mitten inserts
  • 1 pair winter boots, ideally pac boots with separate liners (2 pairs)
  • 1 heavy winter sleeping bag or two three-season sleeping bags
  • sleeping pad (optional)
  • additional wool blankets (if available)

Miscellaneous:

• Passport (Norway isn´t part of the EU!)
  • One pair of snowshoes (if available, otherwise need to be made on spot)
  • Non-folding woods/crafts knife
  • Pen and paper
  • Bowl (no metal) and spoon
  • Towel, washcloth, toothbrush, toothpaste
  • Water container

It would be really cool to meet you there! :slight_smile:

Very interesting, I will try and book my next European trip to coincide with such a camp!
I understand teaching drum is heavy on the native american culture, I’m very much hoping your Norwegian teaching drum would tap into the ancient Norse myths and culture and Saami which would be even more relevant.

Hi Ulverston!

In the Wild Moon back in January there was very little about Norse myth and culture and Saami people. It was strongly focussed on communication skills and circle attunement. But actually there were a few people who wanted to go to a traditional Saami meet-up after the Wild Moon. This people might be present at the following Wild Moon.

You can see pictures taken at the winter Wild Moon at http://wildmoon-europe.magix.net/

The next Wild Moon this spring is from 18.4. - 15.5. in Sweden, in the woods southwest of Stockholm. So this time it’s really a full moon and not only two weeks.

The total cost is 800 EUR, including food.