Elfquest

Are there any other Elfquest fans here? I just found out that they are uploading the entire comic series! :o :slight_smile: ;D If you havn’t read it yet I highly recommend it!

http://www.elfquest.com/gallery.html

I’ve barely read any Elfquest, though my girlfriend loves Elfquest and keeps telling me to read one of her graphic novels. She’ll be happy about this.

My wife and kids read the whole series aloud to each other when my kids were growing up. I think my daughter still has all of the original books. I’ll have to forward that link to my other kids.

I was a big ElfQuest fan when I was about 10-12 or so. I’m from Poughkeepsie, NY, which is where WARP is located. (For a while, every time my mom and I drove past WARP’s offices, I’d go “YAY!!!” lol) I had all the graphic novels - the big, color-printed, hardcover ones. Kind of wish I still had them… oh well. Oh, also, I named my pet rabbit Nightrunner in honor of Cutter’s wolf. Don’t ask why, it made sense at the time.

Thanks for the link! It’ll be a fun trip down memory lane to re-read the series. Definitely helped turn me into the dirty hippie I am today. :wink:

On edit: It recently occurred to me as odd that Sorrow’s End, the agricultural village, was located in the middle of a desert that it did not create. I get the whole middle eastern vibe they were going for, but the middle east is a desert because civilization started there; you can’t just start a farm and a village in a desert. Just sayin’.

How cool, i was just talking about how i loved Elfquest just two days ago with my housemate and then i set myself to downloading all the elfquest there is and i just did so. Coincidence? probably, but fucking cool to see other people giving Elfquest some love too!

http://www.elfquest.com/gallery/OnlineComics/HY/HY15/hy15-27.jpg

Seems like a pretty good synopsis of civilization. :stuck_out_tongue:

They all love the series and, for me, it got especially poignant when I was telling them that humans co-evolved with wolves. “Oh!” says my eldest “Like Elfquest!”

Heh.

What fun!

Best

Bill Maxwell

Jeez. I remember devouring ElfQuest as a young teen. Reading it again, it really surprises me how off, and how on, the story and setting runs. It all feels very post-collapse. Kinda reminds me of Nausicaa.

Glad to see it still has all that elf sex in it. Whew!

awesome!!! elfquest rocks. I just finished the fourth book from “the archives”. They really know how to push all a rewilder’s buttons! ;D

I wonder what would have happened if I’d run across that as a kid. . .

Having always wanted to read this growing up, and never had, i checked to see if the library had it, and the have a ton, but i’m curious if folks think it matters to read it beginning to end or not.