E-prime help

Help me translate this:

The worst part of the “self help” category is not that we ditch the routine when we are faced with an increased level of stress, but the guilt one feels at “choosing the easy way out.”

The worst part of the “self help” category is not that we ditch the routine when we are faced with an increased level of stress, but the guilt one feels at “choosing the easy way out.”

When it comes to “Self-help”, the guilt one feels when you choosing the easy way out will make you feel worse than guilt of ditching routines when faced with stress.

Or maybe that’s not it. :stuck_out_tongue:

Ok, you got me. You know which one below fits best, since I’ve guessed your intent but do not know for sure.

“Self help” paradigms wound us most not when we ditch the (self-help-driven) routine when faced with an increased level of stress, but when we feel guilt at “choosing the easy way out”

I fault “self help” most, not for the instances where I ditch the routine when faced with an increased level of stress, but when I feel guilty at “choosing the easy way out”.

I see James Redfield most at work in ruining my life, not when I ditch the routine, but when I read his books.

I hate you Tom Brown.

Daniel Quinn, meet Derrick Jensen. You can retire now.

Just kidding. I think I channeled Scout there for a moment. :slight_smile: I hope everyone involved there hears the intended humor. Ha ha…?

:slight_smile:

Before I embark a possible: Huh!? What do you mean?..|JUMP IN|, I’d like to ask, "How can we translate something that makes zero sense [b-English that “is”]? (Perhaps, I should house this and the following elsewhere on this forum, I donno. Well, in fact, this has really encourage me to follow through with a game I thought a lot about posting on the forum lately, ways to respond to b-english questions/statement/stories without PRETENDING to understand b-english as an e-primer and morer.)

Anyway, US, I hope I can help, brother:

So what if we can write & talk in e-prime and e-animist 100% of the time. I see that they act great as beginning tools to get us started with using e-prime and e-animist regularly, I mean, I notice many ears and eyes feeling pleased and invigorated when they see & hear the E’s written and spoken, which fills me with joys nowadays too, but can we also MIND/think in them 100% of the time once we pass the start of yakking in e-prime? By translating b-English do we not begin to think in b-English ways again and not in e-prime/animist/diversity/constant renewing personal realizations? Doesn’t that kind of thinking support b-English? For example, why not just say/ask, “I don’t understand; please rephrase that statement/question," as an e-primer/animist/and so on, or walk away, instead of stickn-round to translate nonsense. Why translate b-English? Why think in b-English? To impress ones full-time b-English speaking boss? To not stand out when one gets a jury duty/summons written in eye-tearing b-English? To answer b-English questions with anything but, “(sorry (optional fey), I don’t speak b-English)? To support b-English? To not sound like a person trying to speak and learn a language? To fit in with the full-time speaking b-English crowd?

I for one don’t understand b-English, so how can I translate b-English? Yeah, yeah, I know, I spoke an b-English and e-prime mix most of my life so far (I didn’t know), but at the same time I must say, now that I look back, I see myself not making much sense then before I grasped and started supporting e-prime/animist/// foundation.

US, with that said, I plan on trying more later to deciper your quote and if I reply I probably reply with something that looks, “I still don’t understand fully, do you mean, “BLANK BLANK BLANK?””

Ok, you got me. You know which one below fits best, since I’ve guessed your intent but do not know for sure.

“Self help” paradigms wound us most not when we ditch the (self-help-driven) routine when faced with an increased level of stress, but when we feel guilt at “choosing the easy way out”

I fault “self help” most, not for the instances where I ditch the routine when faced with an increased level of stress, but when I feel guilty at “choosing the easy way out”.

I see James Redfield most at work in ruining my life, not when I ditch the routine, but when I read his books.

I hate you Tom Brown.

Daniel Quinn, meet Derrick Jensen. You can retire now.

Just kidding. I think I channeled Scout there for a moment. :slight_smile: I hope everyone involved there hears the intended humor. Ha ha…?

:)[/quote]

i laughed :slight_smile: