Discrimination based on "progress-principle"

Is there a word for this? Like racism, only based on the modern “progress-ladder”???

i was watching a movie in which they really portrayed “primitive” people as really dumb anti-social children. In which ofcourse they portrayed western civilization as the apex of creation and wisdom etc. etc. YUCK!

it seems this is the same as any other discrimination…

well, i’m not all that smart, but i usually use “ethnocentric”.

there may well be a better one, not sure.

[quote=“jhereg, post:2, topic:633”]well, i’m not all that smart, but i usually use “ethnocentric”.

there may well be a better one, not sure.[/quote]

haha yeah see there you go

It’s certainly a form of ethnocentrism, but I bet we can come up with something a bit more precise.

advancism
progressism
civilicism
technocism
enlightenism
tautologism

just you know, some ideas… :slight_smile: :stuck_out_tongue:

I don’t think we need to. After all, progress itself is a myth, so defining another way of life as being further along that line than another is a meaningless comparison. So judging a native tribe the way described isn’t a “special” form of ethnocentrism. Rather, the assumption that their way of life is somehow less progressed than ours, despite having been developed for at least as long, is ethnocentric.

After all, progress itself is a myth, so defining another way of life as being further along that line than another is a meaningless comparison.

The concept of race is also entirely culturally constructed, yet we have a word for that sort of discrimination. It doesn’t matter if it’s based in reality (they never are). What matters is that they make assumptions and decisions based on their false beliefs.

Ai thought it was called cultural genocide…

I don’t think we need to either. I don’t know if a new word without universal meaning would have much value, and always explaining ‘Disismywordfordis’ sounds cumbersome to me.

Not knowing the most fitting word opens an opportunity to pony up the creative juices. 'Those complacency glorifying bashtribes can go fiddle a rubber chainsaw. Where I sit freedom stands on it’s own and speaks for itself.’ (my own loosebrained goof, straight up from the word impoverished well of diminished smarts)