Deus Ex

I’m not sure this is really the crowd to ask, but did anyone ever play the computer game, Deus Ex (1999)? This is my all-time favorite computer game, largely because the story was better than anything I’d played through before. I mention it because it tells the tale of a worldwide plague and an end-of-the-world scenario where the powers-that-be (puppet governments run by corporations) turn out to be evil (duh!) and the so-called “terrorists” turn out to be part of a global resistance movement. At the end if one has played their cards right, one gets to choose between three future worlds – a techno-topia where the player merges with the machine to control everything for good, an illuminati ending where the player becomes part of an elite society that secretly controls the world, or a primitivist ending where the player chooses to destroy the worldwide computer network (which, incidentally, controls all infrastructure) and allow a re-emergence of tribal living.

When I was younger, I chose the techno-topia ending… funny how a few years and some learnin’ changes things :smiley:

I had it, but it never worked on my machine… it was second hand, I think. There’s some torrents out there for it… Quite a few, considering the age of the game. I may check it out next time I’m feeling old-gamish :slight_smile: