Changing the name of Rewild.info?

Hey folks.

I’m thinking of changing “rewild.info” to “rewilding.info” And than forwarding those who type “rewild.info” to “rewilding.info” (I think Tonyz mentioned this a while ago).

This comes because I think too many people have begun to use the label “rewilder.” (myself included) They have nouned a verb! Rather than saying, “those-who-rewild” or “those-who-practice-rewilding” we have turned the verb rewild into a noun, rewilders.

Haha. Funny how our B-English minds effortlessly work to create fixed noun states! It makes me wonder how many verbs we turned into nouns…

Anyway, I think that if I change the name to rewilding, it makes the jump harder. I can’t articulate why, maybe because rewildinger sounds stupid? I don’t know. It makes it feel more dynamic though.

I’m just toying with the idea and thought I would open it up here for people to discuss.

Makes sense, though I do think many people will still use “rewilder” regardless. At least changing it to Rewilding.info might make folks think about it. I had never given my use of “rewilder” a second thought untill I read this. Another term to scratch from my over used words list I guess. :slight_smile:

hmm I’ve never used the term before, but I think rewild.info has a better ring to it.

I like rewilding.info. Rewilding.info says, “This is where you come to get information on rewilding,” whereas rewild.info says, “Rewild, you fools!”

Ha ha. Yeah, “rewild” does have an imperative feel to it.

Yeah, I don’t see changing the domain having a big impact on keeping people from using the noun form. I think, essentially, people like to keep things curt and will choose “rewilder” over “one who rewilds” regardless of what appears in the address bar.

Do it!

Keep your processes processing!

“Changing the name of rewild.info” to rewildin (without th slang of course) senses funnier, clearer, and mo descriptive to me! I want this chang to occur ASAP! Moreness, this thread has catalyzed feelings within me many a way to go forward n re-brainstorm some over how I address a lot of my own creations, mindset, and activities without plagiarizin spirits and symbols others bring to th tables.

[quote=“WildeRix, post:5, topic:612”][quote author=SilverArrow link=topic=655.msg7491#msg7491 date=1200037528]
I like rewilding.info. Rewilding.info says, “This is where you come to get information on rewilding,” whereas rewild.info says, “Rewild, you fools!”
[/quote]

Ha ha. Yeah, “rewild” does have an imperative feel to it.[/quote]

Just one mo reason why I would love to sense th name change here lickadeesplit!

eh personally I like the slang, ing, takes so much more effort :wink: