Big fresh roadkill Raccoon Help!

I got off work early today and on the way back noticed a huge Racoon in the middle of the road, hadn’t been more than 2 1/2 hours… so anyhow I’ve picked it up and have it wrapped in a tarp in my back yard… so just letting it out there: Anyone in there area (Seattle/Tacoma - I live in Federal Way) want to come help me out??

Also anyone not in the area mind giving me some pointers or…

I’ve never done this before

Thanks!

msg me or give me a call two-five-three eight-zero-four four-two-three-six

I plan on starting early in the morning

so got the hide off…

want to try and tan it with the fur on… trying to get the brain right now

also, anyone know of some things I can do with the organs?

any suggestions or what not appreciated.

Thanks

okay, so no brain… it got hit by the car in its head (jaw got messed up) but couldn’t find it’s brain… like… just missing…

so I guess we’ll use eggs… any know how many we should use and if we should get/use anything else?

If you can get the liver out, that should help… I’ve read that liver was used as a substitute (and/or additive) to brains…

Best of luck! Take some pictures if it turns out well!

I would but I don’t have a camera!

Fleshing the hide takes a lot of work ::

Got the liver out, all the organs, I’ve got two cats so I was more planning on feeding them .

You could try tanning with an oak leaf tea (tannic acid and all that). You could also dry the intestins for some intestine jerky. Ai hear thats real good.

I’ve heard about making a bag out of the stomach. Wasn’t really ready this time, but maybe next I want to try that.

You can tan with many different kinds of barks. I don’t know which ones are appropriate for raccoons, but (as bark is readily available) it might be an alternative you’d want to research.