BB gun hunting

Has anyone hunted small game with a BB gun?
I know it probably depends a lot on what type of gun your using and how powerful it is, but is it possible to actually kill anything with one? I was thinking of getting a cheap BB gun for this purpose but wasn’t sure if they’re effective.

I wouldn’t recommend a cheap bb gun if you intend to actually get food with it. Cheap ones are frequently very low powered and inaccurate at anything over about ten yards.

A good pellet gun however can get you squirrels, quail, grouse and even wild turkey within it’s range with a good head shot, without making any noise.

could you recommend one?

Not really. I haven’t had one for a long time. If you google “pellet gun reviews” you can get a lot of information about them.

ok. thanks.

Gamo, Daisy and Crosman all make excellent pellet guns. Ideally for hunting I would recomend a pump style vs. a co2. A single pump gun that will shoot at 1000fps will take game up to the size of small coyotes, with a proper hit. A .22 pellet hits harder, but a .177 is much easier to find ammo for. Typically you should expect to pay $75-150 for a decent gun.