Backpacking

Hey everyone, havent posted here in a while.

Im into hiking and Im sure some of you are too. What ‘transition tech’ have you used in your backpacking gear?

Ive gotten into ultralight backpacking and some of the stuff ive done is making buckskin clothes and using a buckskin backpack with a foam sleeping pad to act as a frame. my alcohol stove is made of a V8 aluminum juice can and my cooking pot is made of a large heineken beer can with the top cut off. tyvek construction sheeting can make a lightweight ground sheet to sleep on, disposable plastic bottles for carrying water, etc.

I am interested in more ways to bring found/scavenged and paleo-tech into backpacking while still keeping things light weight.

Well, I’ve learned how to Iron plastic bags into workable tarpulins. You have to experiment with the heat, but what you do is you cut the bags so they lay flat, stack them on top of each other, and then put down a sheet of paper and iron them. The paper keeps the iron from touching the plastic directly and thus prevents melting to the iron. You can then make seams in that material to make bags, ponchos, tents, and the like.