Apocalypse Now?

Hey guys, just compiling some information together and wanted to get everyone’s take on it.

Item 1: 10 out of 11 recessions since WWII have been immediately preceded by a spike in oil price.
Item 2: Oil supplies are expected to spike later this year (check out peakoil.com or theoildrum.com)…during a global recession so bad the IMF is actually letting poor countries talk at the meetings.
Item 3: According to the CDC the “background infection” for swine flu is one every two years. From 2005 to 2009 there were 11 cases. This month there have been 20. And cases have been confirmed in Canada, Hong Kong, and New Zealand.
Item 4: The epidemic center, and the most deadly strains apparently, are in Mexico, a state on the edge of failing before this crisis.
Item 5: The strain is a version of H1N1, the same family that in the form of Spanish Flu combined with pneumonia to become the most deadly pandemic in history.
Item 6: This winter will see high fuel prices, potential food shortages, combined with a possibility of a deadly virus…

Well…what do you guys think? I’m thinking it’s time to start creating contingency plans and networking like we’ve never networked before. But, important, make sure everyone is on board with the “preparation for in the event” line, you can only make so many wrong predictions before they won’t listen to you anymore. Although one right prediction can set you up for life.

Pig-influenza on the rise :-\

i’m really curious about this, as i here (american) people talking about this, but haven’t seen any evidence for the state actually failing. have y’all?

Well, there’s plenty of indicators. This article mentions that the US Pentagon considers it a real risk, tho’, IMO, they confuse a symptom for the disease. But I suppose thats par for the civilized course, so to say.

There’s plenty of other conjecture on the web, too.

However, I doubt that Mexico can really fail until the global peer polity system fully collapses. Until then, I expect Mexico to be riding the “bleeding edge” of collapse. After all, it’s been teetering on the edge for a couple decades now.

Less well known is the fact that an earthquake(6 on the scale), happened outside Mexico city yesterday too. According to a journalist everyone ran out into the streets while it happened… Seems like a good way to spread the virus:-/