Am I?

I have thought myself a Christian Anarchist but for one aspect, I am not a pacifist. I do go out of my way to avoid a fight, but I will not be harmed or allow someone in my care to be harmed.

SO WHAT THE HELL AM I!!! Weird I guess.

Bill

A logical human being?

Seems to me avoiding fights is just smart self-preservation. So is hitting back when someone else starts it.

Where did you get the idea that Christians are pacifists?

Modified to specify:

The philosophy speaks of loveā„¢, peaceĀ®, understandingĀ©, etc. But the group of people, the culture engendered, is hardly pacifistic.

There are many types of christians, the truly pacifist ones being an endangered species.

Hereā€™s a fun article for you to read. A primer on how to mock your enemy to death. :slight_smile:

Welcome to the world of militant non-violence.

Militant Non-violence Jesus Style

1 Like

Bill, WOW, that was a good read, thank you. I plan to spend more time with it soon. Do you think the term ā€œsueā€ might be used a bit too literally as in modern use (sue in court) vs.more antiquated use more like ā€œofficial / important requestā€? just curious. Thx :wink:

As I understand it ā€“ and I might be wrong (I would suggest asking a Jewish scholar or historian)ā€“they did have law courts and ā€˜sueā€™ is used similarly to modern court, recognizing that there are disparities akin to what we have against corporations today (limited liability for Romans, etc)

1 Like