A Continuous Experiment

Hey peeps. Yes, I’ve changed the site back to the old version. It seemed that after a whole year of the other site, there was just not enough activity to make the site worth going to. I think that we will still focus on rewild camps here, but that we will talk about everything else to draw in more people as well. Let’s see what happens! Thanks for sticking with it.

Happy to be back here Scout !

I found it hard to get into the “flow” of the other forum. There could be a million reasons for this i guess.

Anyway as of late i have (again) taken some more time off the interwebs. Im curious to see what gonna happen here and probably at some point i will jump into some conversation here or there.

I really hope to get to see some of that “campfire-talk” feeling that i used to get at this forum.

take care!

Hey TimeLESS,

Yeah that campfire feeling is exactly what I’m missing too! (plus the lolcats haha)

I’m not online as much myself, but I figure this is better than surfing facebook!

Freaky, dude, I went to rewild.info earlier today and the “old” forum came up, I was all “wtf?!?”

Now I know… ;D

Thanks for bringing this back, Scout. Can’t tell you how happy it makes me to open my inbox and see that this place is back.

I just got out of jail after being arrested for resisting and find myself reeling for connection with a community that would 1) understand why I resist and 2) not tell me “You deserve it for breaking the law”. More and more I find myself longing for a collective, affinity group, tribe or community that is intact and supportive so I don’t have to break the law to get free.

I joined some peak oil forums but they’re still very hypercritical of a resistance and rewilding movements. They’re on the right track, but still on the wrong train.

Jhereg,

Yeah I know it’s trippy right! Blast from the past!

Pipe for Peace,

Wow. I’m so glad for the timing of this. Hope you’re doing okay. And I know what you mean about the Peak Oil people.

Yeah, the timing for this works beautifully for me, I just recently started hitting the internet on a quasi-regular basis again.

I still feel really lucky & a little shitty tho’, cuz even tho’ I’m really the only member of my tribe-in-making to “get” rewilding, I still have so many people willing to listen to me and help keep me going.

Plus, summer’s coming up, today was my daughter’s last day of school (I still don’t understand why she likes it…) and there’s a ton of things I want to do with her this summer…

Speaking of… I need to figure out how to say “stone” & “stick” in japanese…

Very much a thanks from me Urb.

Though I understood the idea behind the newer forum it just wasn’t inviting enough for me :slight_smile:

(silly humans and their apparent distaste for change :P)

~Dylan

I will likewise be on the internet a bit more in the near future, since the Wilderness Skills class I’m teaching ends for the season in a couple weeks. I’m sad about that, especially because I won’t be visiting the 800+ acres of beauty as much, but it frees up more time for my own adventures.

Great to see others are happy about the change!

I’m doing alright. I have to play their game again (AKA: they call it “the justice system”, but there is no justice, not for me and not for those I try to defend) in another month or so, and I’m just trying to forget and take care of myself now.

It’s good to come back and see so many familiar faces. That helps a ton. BTW, Piper is fine, that’s my name.

I need to figure out how to say "stone" & "stick" in japanese.

“iwa” and “eda”, jhereg.