The Fifth World

Does anyone here play Anthropik’s role playing game? I’m thinking about trying to get a group started here locally. I like the idea of rewilding my understanding of how to relate to the world while having a good time rolling dice with my friends.

Rulebook: http://thefifthworld.com/rulebooks/core/0.2.pdf
Wiki: http://thefifthworld.com

Played it and Loved it. We spent new year’s eve getting totally drunk and playing. We’ve played maybe 8 times since then. Considering I have been in Oregon for the last 2 months, that’s not bad.

Damn, yinz have gotten in more playtime than I have!

I love your Kreyo group, Rory. I’ve been trying to think of a good name for the Ozark/Osage group I’ve been working on, but nothing quite so cool as Kreyo or Hippuonga has come to mind yet. I guess I need to go learn some Osage.

That’s where we’re getting the Anayok names from; part New Yoik ak-scent, part Iroquoian language, blend it all together and put it through “the grinder” (repeat it a few times in rapid succession until you get something you can wrap your mouth around). I’d love to have some more linguists working on this for the names and all, but that’ll be a while if it happens at all, I think.

I thought you did a great job dividing up the surviving populations and developing them into the Anayok, Jason. I have tried to think about the different people groups here as well and how they will develop into tribes. We have a really large Mexican population. We’re not that far from the Cherokee populations in Oklahoma. I was thinking that the Osage populations in Oklahoma would probably start migrating between the Ozarks and the plains like they used to. Then you’ve got the pagan/liberal/freaky factions, the big money factions (wal-mart, tyson, JB hunt, georges) and tons of evangelicals and hicks.

I'd love to have some more linguists working on this for the names and all, but that'll be a while if it happens at all, I think.

That was my forte in college. I basically made my own linguistics degree in undergrad, double majoring in biblical studies (with emphasis on hebrew/greek) and russian, minoring in biblical greek, and taking as many language electives as i could squeeze in like madarin, transformational english grammar, history of the english language, and a couple weeks of kazakh while i was overseas.

I hope to get into some good fun with syncretizing the Osage with the Ozark. The hard part right now lies in making time for this among my various other projects.

And speaking of projects, any news on the status of the 5th world wiki?

And speaking of projects, any news on the status of the 5th world wiki?

Now that the new Anthropik is up, getting the Fabulous Forager out by the beginning of September should be doable, and that means September, October, November and December are all cleared for the Fifth World. Part of that is the new website, with new wiki, integrated weblog and forums (WordPress & bbPress), along with some plugins that should turn out handy for REWILD.info and Anthropik. The other part is redoing the core rulebook from scratch. We’ve contracted some professional artists, and I’m working on the writing itself with Bill Maxwell, who’s actually done a lot of previous work with White Wolf, so come the solstice when we unveil all the new material, I think we’ll have some pretty heady stuff.

Hi good to see there s people anarchizing and primitivizing the rpg scene. Nice departure from numberfocussing . Id love to see the work you’ve done on this and test it out.

1 Like

I’d love to get started on this game. Any idea how?

1 Like

Thanks, @nettlecore. We’re experiencing some technical difficulties at the moment, but we should have the website back up by June 1, and the latest version of the playtest online shortly after that.