Re: Mentally preparing for the crash

and pathological sociopaths aren't allways "crazy".

Yes, yes they are. That’s why we use words like “pathological sociopaths”. As quick as I always am to criticize the psychological field (especially now that I’ve finished school for it) and its penchant to quickly label people, categorizations of sociopaths are pretty spot on.

And speaking of psychology; any worthwhile, peer-reviewed study will back me up in saying that pain and suffering only hurt someone’s mental state, turn them into people with a variety of complexes and cognitive limitations. Example A: Raedwald.

Yes, yes they are. That’s why we use words like “pathological sociopaths”. As quick as I always am to criticize the psychological field (especially now that I’ve finished school for it) and its penchant to quickly label people, categorizations of sociopaths are pretty spot on.

And speaking of psychology; any worthwhile, peer-reviewed study will back me up in saying that pain and suffering only hurt someone’s mental state, turn them into people with a variety of complexes and cognitive limitations. Example A: Raedwald.[/quote]

What the fuck-evar…

Helen Keller:

"Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through experience of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, vision cleared, ambition inspired, and success achieved."

you just got faced by Helen Keller.

i personally would like to thank Helen for putting fancy britches psychology major waste of money in his place.

ooh no, go ahead, call sweet helen a psycho… go on!

i coulda quoted mah boy nietz but i felt this was more appropriate.

Maybe folks who have suffered greatly find solace in believing their suffering taught them something other than suffering.

Everybody on this thread needs to do a conversation check:

Have you stuck to

1. Telling your OWN story (not telling somebody else theirs)
  2. Asking questions (when someone else’s story doesn’t fit with your experience)
  3. Interpreting other’s posts generously

This thread needs about one more poopy post to put it in the Humanure bucket.

Ye be warned [sic].

EDIT: I changed my mind. It needs to hit the bucket now, rather than later. Green, I’ve only included your post here because it fits in the context of the thread, not because it belongs in the Humanure bucket.

I had a feeling, a little while after posting that, that it might have been a bit harsh. Guess I was right. Live and learn, and all that.

you just got faced by Helen Keller.

i personally would like to thank Helen for putting fancy britches psychology major waste of money in his place.

Helen Keller was a great social thinker and a hero to worker’s movements everywhere, but an authority on psychological health she was not.