On Esperanto: More Than a Language

La lingvo de la mondo estas Esperanto.

I suffer a lot from wanting to use Native American and First Peoples names for the things I get to name in my rewilding efforts. This, I immediately recognize, is appropriation. But what to do when I want to reject English naming for things that are not of that culture? I have found two options that suit my moral compass: Proto-Indo-European and Esperanto. The former I am a cultural descendant of, but it is too far, too lost to the annals of history, to be of any practical use to me. A beautiful language nonetheless, worthy of study. The latter was created to be a language for all, inclusive to those who speak it. A truly free, unifying, egalitarian language. I believe it to be my language as a Rewilder.

Created by a Polish optometrist as the international language, Esperanto is, by design, meant to be free. Anyone may speak and use Esperanto. To me, it reminds me of the globalism of my Rewilder goal; I am a citizen and steward of Earth, here to protect, preserve, and love nature for all mankind.

Thoughts? What language(s) do you feel a love or attachment for in your rewilding?

All I know is English :frowning:

But the derivative known as E-prime (just ditch the verb “too be”) is interesting in a see-how-the-language-you-speak-shapes-the-way-you-think kind of way.

Buckminster Fuller also tried to “fix” English to better align it with reality (e.g. sunclipse instead of sunset, outstairs instead of upstairs, etc), but I really like this whole “everyone has their own language” thing. Even tho I don’t understand it, diversity is rad.