For those of us

For some, the move towards rewilding is a long process that involves drudging through civ life in order to procure the funds to purchase property to rewild on. As a result of the significant investment of time towards gaining the financial ability to rewild, less time is devoted to developing the hands on skills.

For some, the move towards rewilding is a long process that involves sacrificing financially in order to have the time to devote to gaining the necessary hands on skills.

Do you see the paradox?

Skills and abilities are key, however, civ requires that certian rules be observed (unless you really like getting harassed/jailed). Financial ability is necessary to remain within the rules dictated by Civ.

A true rewild lifestyle is significantly void of income opportunities of any reliable nature.

Another paradox?

I keep coming back to the same conclusion. Every tribe will need a mixture of those that bring financial ability, regardless of skill level, and those who posess high levels of necessary skills, regardless of financial ability.

Here is the my question…

1.) Do you think that there will be a single event that will trigger a sudden mass movment to rewild, or do you think it will be gradual and unnoticed.

[ I think that rewilding will be partly by choice, and partly out of necessity as, over a period of several years, the collapse of the economy forces people to take their existance into their own hands.]

2.) Do you expect to cooperate with future demands that may be made of you by representatives of civilization (Police/Taxes/Forest Rangers/ New Laws etc.) or do you intend to ignore/resist them?

[I intend to squat and ignore, living a semi nomadic lifestyle migrating between a summer and winter location that is separated by only 14 miles, but 4000 feet in elevation. Remain unseen, and run if necessary.]

3.) Do you intend to maintain open contact with civilization, or “step away”?

[I intend to step away, only returning to aquire any necessities I discover I need, yet had not anticipated.]

4.) How do you intend to handle contact with other rewilders/unknown people you come across or who come across you?

[I think that they will probably be there for the same reason I am so intend to welcome them, unless they give me reason not to.]

5.] What are your criteria for partners/tribe members?

[ I have had limited time to search for others, so have not put much thought into this.]

Just wondering if my point of view is similar to yours.

I say, break the rules! (Or just ignore them). Civ needs us - we do not need it (as long as we band together and relearn the ways of the past). In fact it is killing us, and everything else on the planet.

Here is the my question...

1.) Do you think that there will be a single event that will trigger a sudden mass movment to rewild, or do you think it will be gradual and unnoticed.

I don’t know that it will ever turn into a mass movement - I think most people have become so attached to civ that they will cling to it until it kills them, or at least causes them to remain living a miserable life living off civ’s decaying remains. But I do see a lot more people turn down the path of rewilding in the future, as life in civ becomes ever more stressful, difficult, and downright impossible. I doubt that any singular event will happen to change things, but I do see huge changes happening relatively quickly even as we speak. Civilization is falling apart.

2.) Do you expect to cooperate with future demands that may be made of you by representatives of civilization (Police/Taxes/Forest Rangers/ New Laws etc.) or do you intend to ignore/resist them?

Hell no I wouldn’t cooperate! Even if it seems hopeless, those who are being killed always have a better chance of survival if they fight, than if they cooperate in the hopes they will be shown mercy. And do I think of this struggle as life or death? Absolutely 100%. (Civ always destroys, and it will continue until it destroys it all, if it can).

3.) Do you intend to maintain open contact with civilization, or "step away"?

I think this totally depends on the situation, and it will be different for everyone. I would encourage everyone to escape the trap (break all of civ’s control over us), but also to use civ in any way that would help rewilding. And I know that personally I can’t stand by why the machine continues to consume and destroy, so I see acting to bring down civ as a fundamental part of rewilding.

4.) How do you intend to handle contact with other rewilders/unknown people you come across or who come across you?

Get to know them, and if they have/desire a similar worldview and way of life, ask them to join the community (as long as they act for the good of the community).

5.] What are your criteria for partners/tribe members?

I guess what I just said above.

I’m interested to hear everyone’s thoughts too!

Jessica

Untill they are weaker than me and or ai can hide from them, ai have to have a minimum of cooperation. Once that happens, to heaven with them!

Step away from the civ with your hands up!

Intence vetting of personallity and intent.

Anyone who wants to live and make more life.