Does Sexual Ethics and Morality Exist in Reality?

Sexual ethics or sex ethics or sexual morality are ethics that concern issues from all aspects of human sexuality, including human sexual behavior. Broadly speaking, sexual ethics relate to community and personal standards regarding the conduct of interpersonal relationships.

I’m seeking opinions, facts or any information regarding this question: Does Sexual Ethics and Morality Exist in Reality? Where I live in Asheville there are all sorts of tantric practitioners and “open relationships” are the norm. Like all morals is it up to each individual to decide for themselves their standard of sexual morality? How far is too far? Is any and every form of sexual practices with two or even multiple consenting people fair game?

I don’t consider myself a prude, but I do think some sexual desires are too immoral for me…but maybe that is just my reality?

Sound off on your thoughts.

Thanks,
Kevinwolf

2 Likes

I go with my inner compass, a heart or gut focused sense of what creates more life in this place for all involved…or doesn’t. So no I don’t believe in an objectively existing set of ethics or morals separate from the people and relationships in this particular place at this particular time.

1 Like

But I do find that people like to talk about what “should” be ok or what is more “rewilding”, even though their hearts are screaming at them to listen to another more authentic way true to what they actually need. So I’m deeply skeptical of polyamory etc - being how t seems to require an extraordinary level of self- awareness and communication skills to make it work in a culture dead set on giving us training and conditioning in self denial and manipulation - but I leave it to others to discover for themselves what works authentically for them.

1 Like

I don’t know of any working polamory relationships but it would definitely take a high level of self control, maturity, communication, etc to pull off.

And ethically I suppose most of the stigmas regarding it are engrained from social conditioning…it’s hard to tell how much of ethics is programmed and how much if any is real.

Thanks, great food for thought.