Daniel Quinn on "Unschooling"

Great article that I found here:

http://ishmael.org/Education/Writings/unschooling.shtml

Yeah, that is a great article… and then in his Q and A he says this:

The Question (ID Number 729)...
  I have been disappointed in what 'school' did for me, and therefore decided to homeschool my two boys. I am a mother of two boys ages 4 1/2 and 7. I have been homeschooling for the last three years. You said in MY ISHMAEL that homeschooling was a certainly a lesser evil. Is there an alternative to the "lesser evil" of home schooling?

...and the response:
  What I meant by this in MY ISHMAEL is that the best system that is known is the one practiced among humans for three million years with great success for all, in which children were allowed the freedom of the tribe and could go anywhere and learn whatever they wanted, whenever they wanted. In Houston a few years ago, one teacher started an experimental program based on this idea. It was so successful (and such a life-changing experience for the students involved) that it aroused the ire and envy of all the other teachers, and it was ended after its first year. In our society as it's presently organized it wouldn't be possible for an individual parent to follow this plan, so even if it's only a "lesser evil," home schooling is the best alternative available to you.</blockquote>

I see no ‘evil’ from that, it’s just the less(er) desirable/effective method ne?